As Night Began - Now Recruiting!

ub3rman123

Yes, blogspot is free. I believe you only pay if you want fancy features or to have a url without blogspot.com at the end.

If mediafire doesn't work, is it possible to host it on the nexus and make it hidden except for a select few users?

Also, I assume most of us are familiar with torrents, though I'm not sure how one would go about uploading one. (I guess we would all just have to make sure we we're torrenting at the same time, lol.)

I'd get the main homepage up asap before we start getting too complicated on this one forum (or what you were talking about: a nexus forum page just for the mod)

Pool all the resources together on the forum and we'll start calling out what we're working on. Then, post Pics on the blog showing how each of us is coming along.

I'll get started on my first dungeon (starting something simple, as I'm probably the least experienced here), I'll do cavern number 11, generic with spiders.

Also, as I've just released my learning dungeon (called Prisoner's Peak) on the nexus and I'm ready to put some of my new CK skills to the test!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, need to know about modders Resources:

I own all DLC except Hearthfire. Will we use both dragonborn and dawnguard, or one or neither?

What are the main architectural themes?

-I'm guessing Dwemer in Skyrim will work as intended

-I'm guessing no Nordic ruins or assets (or maybe a few?) I think lore wise, Nords did settle in High Rock some.

-Imperial forts seem pretty universally good to go, though we could probably use some textures that reflect stone in a warmer enviroment.

-Lots of use of the Reach area aesthetic.

I'm trying to get your idea of what you want the general Wayrest aesthetic to be.

Edited by chacotaco91

Also, need to know about modders Resources:

I own all DLC except Hearthfire. Will we use both dragonborn and dawnguard, or one or neither?

What are the main architectural themes?

-I'm guessing Dwemer in Skyrim will work as intended

-I'm guessing no Nordic ruins or assets (or maybe a few?) I think lore wise, Nords did settle in High Rock some.

-Imperial forts seem pretty universally good to go, though we could probably use some textures that reflect stone in a warmer enviroment.

-Lots of use of the Reach area aesthetic.

I'm trying to get your idea of what you want the general Wayrest aesthetic to be.

I believe we can add a few Nordic ruins near the mountains where High Rock borders Skyrim (most lore friendly place if we decided to use Nor resources.) And we should try and use as little DLC references as possible, mods tend to get buggy when they rely on to many references.

This is a map of the Wayrest area marked with potential dungeon locations. Dungeons that are already completely built (But not populated or navmeshed) are marked with blue circles. Places that have an entrance set up, but aren't associated with an interior or are only partly fleshed out are marked with a red circle and numbered with a description of what could work with them. Areas highlighted in red could likely use a dungeon, but I haven't placed anything there yet.

I'll start on #1 and #6 they seem like they will be relatively easy and it'll be good for me to get my skills down better. Are we going to need the .esm before we start or can we just implement the entrance/exit once you have it uploaded?

Edited by mellophonist

I've been recommended to use SourceForge. Anyone have experience with it? Looks like it has a lot of good features to use, especially in the inclusion of comments on posts and discussion forums.

Once I have the file uploaded, you can probably spend tomorrow familiarizing yourself with the worldspace, having a walkabout. I've mostly used Dwemer and Imperial ruins for dungeons, along with the ubiquitous cave, but Nordic ruins work as long as you avoid using the obviously Nordic-decorated items such as statue. Anything plastered with dragons and such.

We won't be using any of the DLC to ensure everyone can use it. If there is something we find we absolutely can't live without, though, it might be considered.

Sounds like a plan, I have to say I am very excited about this project. I spent most of the day today coming up with dungeon layouts. Cant wait till the .esm is out. I think I'm gonna try and finish a small test dungeon by the end of tomorrow night so you guys can see my work.

Sourceforge seems more legit than mediafire. At this point, us just getting hold of the ESP to poke about seems like the most important step. I'd imagine constant data transfer becomes more important later on in the project.

Anyhoo, there's a few problems I see in not using at least Dawnguard DLC as a major resource. Dragonborn is meh, as solstheim is pretty far from High Rock.

1: crossbows. They're just cool, and I really see the town/city militia of High Rock, manned by the smaller stature Breton's having more affinity to crossbows than say, longbows.

2. The Vampire enemies/assets work well with some of your Vampire Plots (I think I saw more than one.)

3. The Skyrim wiki states: "Bretons are said to enjoy intellectual pursuits; they often have an affinity for anything related to logic and ordered complexity" So, I have a difficult time seeing a lot of their architecture being real loosey goosey, or that "flowing nordic style" the NPCs in Skyrim talk about.

The Volikhair castle architecture wasn't overly used and definitely has a more structured look to it. If we could get it retextured to be a little bit brighter and less vampiresque... we could have a pretty decent new Castle resource to use.

Also, a lot of the Snow Elf assets looked really good, though they were often oversized.

Now that I think about it, I imagine southern High Rock as having almost Northern Italian-like architecture for some reason. (Solitude decent?)

Just my 2 cents.

I should also note that the mod webpage I listed: the beyond modding team, are also making a particular region of High Rock (Northpoint). It might be a good idea maybe swap ideas or maybe even content.

Ah.. Just a moment.

This is a quick SourceForge download so you can have the file while I'm setting things up: http://sourceforge.net/projects/asnightbegan/files/Wayrest.7z/download

Meanwhile, I'm looking into Dark Creations as a board to use. They have a blog/wiki/file database combination, which is definitely handy. Also, they're Elder Scrolls specific, even better.