ub3rman123

I would test it but im at work atm

Also I saw you updated the positions

■Scripter(s)

■Level designer(s) - Mellophonist, Chacotaco91

■Clutterer(s)

■Writer(s)

■NPC creator(s) - Ichibu, Indigoblade

Now when you say clutterers do you mean for the entire world space? I can clutter most interior cells if you would like to put me on that as well. Edited by mellophonist

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from work, so I'm ready to get started.

FYI, I work 4-5 days a week, very long shifts, but have ample free time on my off days.

When I downloaded Wayrest.7zip, I got the warning "unexpected end of archive." I was able to load it in the C.K. but when I looked for the worldspace there wasn't anything new listed.

Quick question:

I noticed that Wayrest ESP has only one master: skyrim.esm only and not update.esm as well.

When I'm modding, should I avoid checking update.esm? i.e. does it cause problems? I thought it would be the way to go since everyone is forced to use the update via steam, but would it complicate things if Bethesda releases major updates?

Anyhoo, just made a sourceforge account, and my screename is the same: chacotaco91

I've received a reply from the Dark Creations people, and the project is being considered for hosting there. I'll get a final reply on it in a day or so.If we're accepted there, we'll be moving all discussion/file hosting to Dark Creations once it's set up.

I may have uploaded the wrong file to SourceForge. Try this one; it contains ANBWayrest.esm, a few texture/mesh files, and a list of credits for files included so I don't forget who made them. http://sourceforge.net/projects/asnightbegan/files/Wayrest.rar/download

I've actually no idea what the effects of update.esm are. I don't check it myself, and I don't seem to have any problems.

By the way, this may be important: The prefix for all files in the mod is 'BID'. Be sure to use that one everything you're doing. Cells in towns and cities have additional bits added to the prefix, which will make sense as you see the rest of the cells.

Quick question: do we need to communicate with the beyond skyrim teams?

It seems there's a lot of different mod teams (with much more manpower than ours) trying to accomplish High Rock individually by region (though seemingly with some overlap. It looked like two teams were having difficulty figuring out how to do Northpoint after they realized they were in competition, which was only exacerbated by the fact that one team is German and the other English)

Thankfully (or sadly?) however, Wayrest doesn't seem to have been picked up by any mod team, so I think its yours to grab. Some people seem to be running ideas, throwing some models around and making some layouts, but more than anything it seems like nobody has put out as much content as yourself. (plot and worldspace.)

Anyways your download worked! So far, you've got a real eye for making natural enviroments: citys that feel like cities especially.

Thankfully, with beyond skyrim's help, we can start pooling in Assets to make the player feel immersed in a land far from Skyrim.

Also: Docks, Docks, Docks!...... Wayrest is all about its Docks, and it seems High Rock (from the wiki) has had a long, long history with problematic pirates and corsairs.

(The Dark Brotherhood of Wayrest was sacked by Corsairs! that would make for an interesting dungeon).

We definitely need a dirty, dingy dock workers questline, involving disgruntled revolutionary workers and cut-throat merchants.

Edited by chacotaco91

I'm not sure. The way our mod is, there's no direct land route connecting the mod area and Skyrim, but will rather use boat travel, which makes patching easier later on. I don't know if our work would be mergeable with theirs, with the way worldspaces work.

we can always just pit an invisible border the way Skyrim does (for lore purposes) and then do as uber suggests and travel by boat.

Just downloaded the esm gonna take a look at it now. Do I just load the.ESM in CK? what do I do with the texture and meshes folders? Oh and about the revised team list so all we need now is a dedicated scripter?

Edited by mellophonist

This is beyond my technical knowledge, but it seems the problem is that the beyond Skyrim uses a universal height map to try and maximize compatibility for those creating separate provinces.

In my opinion having the highest possible functionality between the various High Rock modders is the way to go. Particularly in trying to use as many of the similar assets as possible, so that if we do ever find a way to combine (portal gates between invisible lore spaces) there will be some sense of continuity.

I'm not totally sure of course, as this is the first time I've even heard of beyond skyrim.