Help getting new items into Awakening

Furtled

I've created a bodge job mod to add a letter from Alistair to the codex using a script enabled by using the developer console in game once the player starts Awakening, but I'm having an absolute nightmare trying to get it to fire automatically. I know Awakening is a gitbag to mod (although I have managed to get the assets set-up in the toolset, so that's one thing done), and I've had no luck finding tutorials that weren't destroyed when BSN shut down. Can anyone point me towards any help that's still online?

There's a mod that acomplishes something similar with actual items (Romance Mementos in Awakening) that I've looked at, but the author is no longer active otherwise I'd reach out to them - so any suggestions would be appreciated! :smile:

The way we automate things with the toolset is to make them event driven. This requires the use of a script I'll call an event handler, which needs to live inside a unique module and be exported to create a CIF and an xml file. In other words, it isn't something you can just paste into an override folder; it needs to be installed.

You will need to change the generated xml to say ExtendedModuleUID="DAO_PRC_EP_1" instead of ExtendedModuleUID="Single Player" to get it to run in DAA. "Single Player" is DAO.

If you want to load the letter when the warden first arrives at the keep, you might use EVENT_TYPE_MODULE_LOAD to set the plot flag that would add the letter (codex) to the journal.

Most of what used to live at BSN was archived to fextralife. This tutorial takes you step by step through the process of creating a module with an event handler. There's also a lot more information in the datoolset wiki.

Hope I helped.