What Is The Best Game Ever

BloodWindBal

The best game for me was Battlefield 1942.

It was the first game that combined the kind of combat I was wanting for years. I had even written out the kind of gameplay mechanics I had wanted long before its release and it had it all. Multiplayer...with actual teamwork meaning the difference between winning and loosing...ability to pick certain classes of fighter, fight on foot, at sea, in vehicles or in the air. It was fun in single player and multiplayer. It had all kinds of mods that were simply amazing such as the modern combat mod that actually added helicopters!

LHammonds

8 Years later and I still think the above holds true. I also remember that was the 1st game where I issued voice commands which translated to specific key presses which was awesome...like saying "Tank spotted" and it lets my entire team know the coordinates of that tank on the map.

LHammonds

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

My trinity of games:

Rpg: Arcanum.

RTS: Homeworld.

SIM: Conflict: Freespace.

All of them brimming with passion from the devs.

(yes i know Arcanum is a bit buggy, but there are mods for that)

(there is also hi-rez textures for Freespace)

Edited by subtle_shade

dark souls 1)

I remember the first time I played it when I was very sick - the temperature was 40 and I felt very dizzy.

With the unusual optimization and psychedelic atmosphere - for me this game was more like a hallucination)

the sensations, of course, passed, but the impression remained)

• 5 months later...

What is the best game that you have ever played

i started playing game s att he age of 6, 11 years of exp. under my belt.

best game ever Final Fantasy 7

Well, I'm a little older than you ... I'm 68!

My "best game ever" is Skyrim Special Edition. You could literally spend the rest of your life, there, and not run out of things to do. The mods add even more, to it.

The best wargames come from the Total War series of game, like Shogun, Rome, Medieval. Indeed, for Medieval 2:Total War, you can download a mod that allows you to play any faction in the Lord of the Rings series, from Hobbits, to Rohan, all the way to Dwarves and Orcs.

I also like space-based games like Stellaris and Endless Space 2.

My favorite WWII-based game is Silent Hunter 5, which puts you in command of a WWII German submarine, and is loosely based on the movie Das Boot.

Back in the day, my very first computer game was for the Color Computer II, fully upgradable to 32 kilobytes ... yes, that's kilobytes ... of ram. It was a dungeon in which there were ten levels, Everything was in line drawing, including the monsters.

We've come a long way, since then ...

By the way, my son's favorite game on the first Nintendo system was the original Final Fantasy.

The best game for me was MORROWIND.

Now I am having a time of it trying to quit playing Assassin's Creed: Origin.

If I can't resist playing again and again, like I did MORROWIND, I have to give it a thumbs up.

The one difference I noted about AC: Origin is... it can be more tiring then MORROWIND was at times. I started playing AC: Origins Friday at dusk and was tired of it at 3:44 AM this morning. :laugh:

I think it might have something to do with that I can go swimming and dive down under water like in MORROWIND. Sure! There are no Slaughterfish, those manlike chitin armor with four legs for swimming, or mudcrabs.

After some training it was easy to fight off a Slaughterfish or three. I don't know if I will ever be tough enough to keep from getting eaten by a huge hippopotamus, an 8 foot long crocodile, while swimming with them too close by.

Well the free land movement where I can climb to the top of any mountain like in MORROWIND if I want to try in Assassin's Creed: Origin is a plus in my mind. Even if a giant King Vulture happens to be at the top. I can out run the enemy if I am too weak to fight, a pack of laughing Hyenas, a pride of lions, leopards and...I think I saw a bear while I was climbing a canyon wall to get away from a lion.

There's a lot of regular work in Assassin's Creed: Origin that reminds me of MORROWIND a little. :happy: