Screen Tearing with Vsync + Wireless Xbox Controller Problem

Hello all,

After much trial and error I finally have my modded Witcher 3 game almost perfect. I've installed pretty much all the mods I want, except for a couple small fixes here and there that I'm planning on installing later on during my playthrough. I managed to fix my crashing issues by limiting my frame rate to 52 both in Witcher 3 User.Settings and in NVIDIA Control Panel. It seems that, at least for me, Witcher 3 really doesn't like 60 or higher FPS. Whenever I would play on 60+ FPS I would crash every 20 to 30 minutes regardless of which mods I had installed, if any, and regardless of my graphic settings. Needless to say I'm thrilled to finally have my game stable and just be able to enjoy playing one of my favorite games ever.

However, I am experiencing two problems that I would greatly appreciate some help with. As it says in the title, I'm experiencing noticeable screen tearing even with Vsync on. The only thing that has successfully eliminated the screen tearing is to play in Borderless Window mode instead of Fullscreen. While there's not exactly anything wrong with playing in Borderless Window, especially since it doesn't seem to be affecting my performance, like it does for some others, but I'd still rather play in Fullscreen mode if possible. I've tried turning off Vsync in NVIDIA Control Panel and just using Witcher 3's Vsync. I've tried disabling the Vsync in Witcher 3 and using NVIDIA Control Panel's Vsync. I've tried enabling Vysnc for all programs in NVIDIA Control Panel. I've tried having Vsync on and setting the frame rate limiter in Witcher 3's meun to unlimited as well as setting it at 60 and 30.

I've essentially tried all variations of enabling/disabling NVIDIA's Vysnc and enabling/disabling Witcher 3's Vsync that I can think of, but no matter what I do the only thing that fully eliminates the screen tearing is playing in Borderless Window mode. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions on how I can eliminate the screen tearing while still being able to play in Fullscreen I would greatly appreciate it. I should also mention that this isn't the only game I'm experiencing this exact same issue in. I've been playing Kingdoms of Amular Re-Reckoning lately and in that game as well I experience very noticeable screen tearing regardless of whether or not I have Vsync activated. The only thing that eliminates the screen tearing in that game is to play in Borderless Window + Vsync. I'm guessing that there must be some setting in NVIDIA Control Panel I've enabled or disabled, globally, that's the cause, but I have no idea what that setting might be. So I would be incredibly grateful for any help.

The second problem I'm having is with my Xbox controller. I much prefer to play Witcher 3 and similar games with a controller than a keyboard. I'm able to use my wireless Xbox controller to play other games such as Witcher 2 and Kingdoms of Amular Re-Reckoning, no problem, but with the Witcher 3 I can't use my wireless controller. Thankfully, I have another controller, a wired one that looks just like an Xbox controller, but isn't an official Xbox controller. I purchased it from Amazon and Witcher 3 recognizes that controller, but not the wireless ones. Both my controllers are detected by my computer and by Steam, but when I try using the wireless one while playing Witcher 3 nothing happens. For some reason the computer and steam are recognizing my wireless Xbox controller, but Witcher 3 isn't. I don't have any mods installed that directly effect controllers so I don't know if a mod is the problem or not. Once again, I would greatly appreciate any helpful ideas and suggestions as to what the problem might be and how to fix this issue.

Thank you all in advance for taking the time to read my post and offer any fixes you can think of.

XD