New Vegas Nexus Down?

onimale2

I'm just getting one of these...

"Oops! Google Chrome could not find newvegas.nexusmods.com"

It's not just chrome though...every browser I use

Edited by onimale2

Still nothing for me too - it stinks when you pay for it and bam, nothing lol

I'm sure it'll come back soon, or at least I'm hoping!

"Hi folks,

Just wanted to drop a quick notice that we're aware that some people have been experiencing down-time on the sites today with error messages saying the sites don't exist. Just wanted to let you know it's not you, it's us. We've been moving servers around recently and reshuffling our name servers and it seems to have gone a bit pear-shaped.

There's nothing you can do (unless you're comfortable with hosts files, which I won't get in to now) except wait and let time heal the wounds. The sites aren't down. Nothing's been lost. And once your ISP reconnects with our name servers and updates itself you'll be back in action.

Sorry about the problems and hope to see you here soon." Dark0ne

So we should all get access back pretty soon if not already have.

I've had this issue since last night. According to what Dark0ne said in the thread linked on the first page, it's up to our ISP to get themselves in gear. Downforeveryoneorjustme.com told me the site was definitely down, but I could still access it (just to double check) through a proxy.

Dark0ne did mention in the other thread that it was possible to edit the hosts file in order to try and fix this issue, so that's what I did. Turns out that it worked for me. This might not be the fix for everyone, but it is simple to do (took me fewer than 5 minutes), and even simpler to reverse in the case that it doesn't work.

First, I scanned this unimportant forum. There's a really helpful post I'd like to quote, because it explains exactly what you need to type into the file in order to put in the entry for newvegas.nexus.com.

The only work around that will work for you is to go to yours HOSTS file in your computer and add a line like this
000.000.000.000 www.blahblah.com
using [newvegas nexus'] ip [in place of 000.000.000.000] and website address [in place of www.blahblah.com]. This will make your computer use that ip when you type in the website and thus will make it easier to update your website.

Basically, the entry you'll put in your hosts file will look something like ##.##.#.## newvegas.nexusmods.com

(where the #s are replaced by actual numbers)

This is the tutorial for actually editing the hosts file that I used for Windows 7. Apparently it's very similar for Vista and XP, but I suggest looking up the specific tutorials for those operating systems. I did a search for "editing hosts file win 7"

This is the website I used to find the IP address for the New Vegas nexus. If you're having trouble accessing any other part of the site, such as the Skyrim nexus, the Oblivion nexus, etc., you should be able to follow the same steps above in order to attempt to resolve your issue. I don't know if the IP addresses are the same for each one.

If you're following these steps in order to access any part of the site OTHER THAN the New Vegas nexus, I'd try replacing all of the information above pertaining to the New Vegas nexus with the information for the nexus you're trying to access.

ex: instead of putting the information in for newvegas.nexusmods.com, you'd put in the information for the oblivion nexus (oblivion.nexusmods.com), the skyrim nexus (skyrim.nexusmods.com), etc.

If you need more assistance, conduct a google search for any specific error codes or messages you're getting. I, unfortunately, only do Tech Support for H&R Block. ;D

** Keep in mind that this is meant to be temporary, and might not be the fix for everyone. **

Edited by obaybay