Button links not responding

Bouitaz

Having the same issue. Everything was working fine the last time I used the site (31 January 2021). Went to download some updates for Mass Effect Andromeda mods and the download button is not working.

As I stated in my initial request I have tried multiple browsers on two (now three) different computers.

The results of a trace route are:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]

Copyright © 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>tracert www.nexusmods.com

Tracing route to www.nexusmods.com [104.22.3.55]

over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms mandragoran.woodlynrd.local [10.0.0.1]

2 57 ms 2 ms 2 ms 173-167-201-230-ip-static.hfc.comcastbusiness.net [173.167.201.230]

3 57 ms 11 ms 10 ms 96.120.11.1

4 34 ms 9 ms 9 ms 68.85.147.25

5 9 ms 9 ms 8 ms 96.110.6.33

6 18 ms 13 ms 13 ms 96.110.92.141

7 11 ms 11 ms 11 ms 68.85.133.137

8 15 ms 14 ms 21 ms be-31441-cs04.ashburn.va.ibone.comcast.net [96.110.40.29]

9 14 ms 14 ms 13 ms be-2404-pe04.ashburn.va.ibone.comcast.net [96.110.37.142]

10 30 ms 14 ms 14 ms as2906-c-4.sanjose.ibone.comcast.net [173.167.57.102]

11 13 ms 13 ms 14 ms 104.22.3.55

Trace complete.

I disabled both the Web Filter, the Ad Blocker and the Firewall on my router (10.0.0.1), disabled all add-ons in both Firefox and Edge and still no luck.

I am connecting from Frederick, MD, USA. My ISP is Comcast

Speeds are:

Download Mbps

Upload Mbps

The link for the file is

https://www.nexusmods.com/masseffectandromeda/mods/541?tab=files&file_id=4321

There is no link shown when I hover my cursor over the âSlow Downloadâ button. (see attached jpg)

The link for the âFast Downloadâ button is:

https://users.nexusmods.com/register/memberships

The text from the Firefox Dev Tools window indicates:

button id="slowDownloadButton" class="rj-btn rj-btn-secondary rj-btn-full" data-download-url="#ERROR-download-location-not-found"></button>

Up until yesterday i was having no difficulty at all.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Have you tried disabling any browser addons? The download link is delivered via JavaScript when you click on the button so blocking scripts could cause your issue.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any news on when this is going to be fixed? Nexus mods is barely usable right now.

As far as we know the problem was fixed on 6th March, if you're still having problems you'll need to provide more info.

I suspect it may be your browser addons though if you're the only one reporting it.

As far as I know, nothing about my browser has changed, before or after. Something about the website has changed.

For now, I downloaded and am using Opera just for the nexus. Every other website on the internet works just fine in Firefox.

I really hope this is only a temporary problem.

Any news on when this is going to be fixed? Nexus mods is barely usable right now.

As far as we know the problem was fixed on 6th March, if you're still having problems you'll need to provide more info.

I suspect it may be your browser addons though if you're the only one reporting it.

As far as I know, nothing about my browser has changed, before or after. Something about the website has changed.

For now, I downloaded and am using Opera just for the nexus. Every other website on the internet works just fine in Firefox.

That says to be that something in your Firefox setup is preventing the download from starting. Did you try disabling your addons?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi i am just linking the issue i posted about which sounds like the same as this page, but i had posted it on another page:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/48593-this-is-the-site-feedbackquestions-section/page-277&do=findComment&comment=91342623 and a couple of posts after that with more info.

i think it is because basic javascript code (which was working fine in previous versions of browsers) was dropped, (possibly the clearfix code) but its a shame that basic code that was working before, gets dropped.

in theory, if work and effort has been put into the website, to support a new version of a browser, it should always remain in the code), even if that browser version gets a newer version over time, because then it will still always work.

(simplified code example,

if ie 10, use css10.css

if ie 11, use css11.css

etc,

once a new version comes out, and you code something for it which works, you never have to touch the base code for the older version, becasue if the content format remains the same, youre just displaying it with a different style for different browsers).

maybe im too old lol, but basic html 3 worked wonderfully and still works today :)

Edited by skyrimplayer2020

That says to be that something in your Firefox setup is preventing the download from starting. Did you try disabling your addons?

"Download from starting?" Are you misunderstanding something fundamental here? It's not a downloading problem.

Most of the buttons do not work, and the images for each mod page do not display properly anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

hi pickysaurus, i tried without any plugins and it wasnt working, but have you been able to at least check if when errors were reported, if the codebase of the site actually changed in some way?

it is like a new update was pushed to live, about a month ago when we started posting about it, and things had problems from then..

maybe the change can be rolled back ot at least analysed a bit to see what part of the code had been changed in the way buttons and links are presented?

Hi again,

I'm fairly confident we haven't changed the way these buttons work in a long time now. At least since the end of 2020, but possibly as far back as October 2020.

Perhaps the URLs are being blocked by your firewall? I had another user who had a specific whitelist for websites and they did not include our CDN links.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting the same problem, hovering over the slow download option doesn't show any URL but the premium option links to a URL. I can't click the slow download button nothing happens. My Java is up to date, adblock is disabled on the site as well.