Lich Transformation Mod Idea

Lordbok

Hello All.

I have an idea for a Lich mod however I am no where near good enough with the creation kit to do so at this stage.

Basically if some of you remember the oblivion modding scene, there were a couple of Lich mods that were quite good, However with Skyrim I have not been able to find that that is still in;development.

To become a Lich it would revolve around the Tomb of Undying and would require a quest to do with creating your phylactery as well as a some sacrifice. it would require some materials, some would be easy to acquire and some may not be so easy. (there could be a Version that skips the quest if players will it.

Some of the ideas I have based on the Oblivion Lich would be;

1. You can use the Vampire Lord Transformation to turn into the lich
  2. You can use the Vampire/Dragon Priest movement animation to move as a lich
  3. You would be able to look bodies and open chests (not be able to lock pick)
  4. For the Model Maybe A overhaul of the VL
  5. You would be able to Change from hover mode to walking mode (like the VL)
  6. Hover Mode would allowed Water walking and 0 fall damage
  7. Walking mode would maybe allow for some sort of;benefits;like looting and certain attacks
  8. The Lich would me a magic only type deal, unlike the VL that when on the ground uses his claws
  9. The Lich Would have its own Perk tree in the same way as the VL just named Necromancey (or some other Creative name)
  10. No inventory as Lich however you could still loot
  11. Would have its own spells in the same way as VL however it would focus on the Undead and would gain more spells as you level up the tree
  12. Spells would be scaled so they will never be useless
  13. The Lich would have a blast back attack similar to Unrelenting Force (but around you 360 degrees) to compensate no melee.
  14. the Lich Model would always have one hand with a staff (like the Oblivion Lich's)
  15. Spells would be able to be;equipped;with BOTH hands unlike the VL
  16. You would gain perk points based on a Soul devour system (either like a soul trap system or Devour souls once they are dead)
  17. Once you become a Lich Your human form would be severely Weakened as you would have to maintain the human form for mainly appearances/stealth not for combat.
  18. Of-course You would become Undead and Restoration would not be able to heal you.
  19. The mod would come in diffident;flavors to be available for different players and there play style (boosted stats/resistances, Ring of Lich (instead of quest) easier perk points (less Souls Devoured)
  20. Would be not use any preexisting scripts to avoid conflicting with Vampire/Werewolf mods
  21. Lich form and Human form would use different identity's so you would not get a bounty on your human form if you killed a town as the Lich, However the Lich would be a "Kill on sight" deal.
  22. If you are seen turning into the Lich you will either get a HUGE bounty or be permanently an enemy of that region. (mod versions/patches will change it so you can download accordingly to how you want to play)

I can elaborate on any of these points if anyone would like more details for the ideas, so if anyone else has any ideas/suggestions/changes please tell me and if anyone would like to have a go at making the mod that would be awesome and I would love to know.
Edited by Lordbok

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...