All Kite Shields have a defense of 12.00

Honestly not sure if I should post this here or in the technical support forum but it seems more likely to be a mod causing this, the higher defense doesn't really bother me but it does feel a bit cheaty. The only mods I have installed that specifically affect shields are the Shield Scale mod, Kite Shield Texture and Modified Large Shields. If anyone thinks they can help or has seen something like this before and can provide an answer I'd appreciate it.

Edit: Looked through my mods, it's Faster Combat doing it. Didn't realize that it increased the defense of all shields including those of NPCs/Enemies so I guess it's not really cheating :sweat: If any admins or mods see this you can go ahead and delete or close this one.

Edited by ChroMatteria

Reverting the change to shield defense would be a really simple edit, if it being doubled or tripled (!) bothers you.

Download and install GDApp. Open the Faster Combat GDA of your choice with that program, and make the following edits in the 'Defense' column:

ID 6 (Shield - Kite), change the modded value of 12 to the vanilla value of 4

ID 7 (Shield - Small Round) change the modded value of 4 to the vanilla value of 1.5

ID 8 (Shield - Tower), change the modded value of 16 to the vanilla value of 6

ID 13 (Ambient - Shield - Round) change the modded value of 2.5 to the vanilla value of 1

ID 14 (Shield - Large Round) change the modded value of 8 to the vanilla value of 3

Save the edited GDA, and the defense stats on your shields should return to normal. (I'd make the edits for you, but the permissions for Faster Combat do not allow for uploading edits or tweaks to the mod.)

Thank You very much! I'll definitely keep this in mind. I've only played past Lothering with this mod so I'll keep playing and see how the rest of the game feels, if enemies get the same benefits then I guess it's not really a big deal. Thank You also for even thinking about doing the edits yourself, I wouldn't ask anyone to go out of their way like that for a mod so that's very kind of you.