3d max freezes when mapping

REB85

Good day, comrades.

I have a problem with 3d max 2013 (I cannot use a newer one, since I have to pay for new plugins and buy a new manipulator, my manipulator is not supported by newer versions).

3d max starts to freeze (the speed in the viewport drops to 4 fps) when the scene is only mapped at 10.000 polygons. I have a fairly powerful computer (an i7 processor, 32GB of RAM, ssd disks, a 1080 video card, an excellent motherboard, an 800W power supply and effective cooling), it's not a computer. Moreover, when the max freezes, I go to the "task manager" and see that the resources of my computer are not used even by 1/4. When I do not scan (using materials, not textures) I can work with 1,000,000 polygon scenes without freezing. The program freezes during the mapping process.

It should also be noted that I am not new to this program, you can make sure of this: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/50572

This means that I don't make basic mistakes.

Maybe someone knows how to make the program use the GPU? Or solve the problem somehow differently?

I am grateful for your attention and hope for your help.

I also have one more bug with a scan: the selected polygon moves much further than I move it with the mouse. The bug passes with a reboot of 3D max, but after a while it appears again. And the more polygons have already been processed, the more often this happens.