Dragon Age Reborn Duplicate Spells / Talents

laidback99

After completely reinstalling the game fresh with no other mods, I installed Dragon Age Reborn as my only active mod but this issue still remains. There is a bug where I have both the old and new versions of renamed spells and talents. For example ;
I see both Deadly Strike and Tricks of the Trade in my talents. Deadly Strike appears in the correct place but Tricks of the Trade appears as the first ability of a new branch, while the rest of the branch is just empty.
Same situation with Rapid Shot and Invigorating Fire and every renamed spell / talent.
I installed it with DAO Mod Manager because DAUpdater kept giving an error and couldn't install.

Screenshot ;

https://pasteboard.co/JRyPNY9.jpg

Please if anyone can help me out I'd be so grateful, I want to play with this mod a lot.

I'm not familiar with Dragon Age Reborn, but the issue you're having looks to me like you have incompatible pieces of different mods laying around. That DAUpdater wouldn't install Reborn for you also points to that as a strong possibility.

Uninstalling DAO doesn't remove other mods, as you probably know. The only way to make sure you've gotten rid of everything is to clear every other subdirectory from .. documents\BioWare\Dragon Age with these exceptions:

Characters subfolder (your save games)

Toolset subfolder (if you have it installed).

Settings\Profile.dap (your player profile, which contains your achievements)

You might also want to make sure your game install directory is clean after an uninstall, in case you copied anything into an override folder there.

I don't know what else to tell you. Good luck.

You don't say how you uninstalled any DAzips you may have been using previously... depending on the method used, unless you manually cleared all folders in Documents/Bioware/Dragon Age as detailed by Pasquale1223, you may have files (ERF archives) left behind in the Users\[username]\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\packages\core\data folder. Such files could result in the sort of issue you are describing.

Edited by theskymoves

Yes I completely manually deleted my entire dragon age folder from my documents/bioware. Also any leftovers from my game directory. Could it have anything to do with 4GB patch? Because I have Ultimate Edition on Steam and in order to apply the 4GB patch I'm launching the game from a custom dragonage.exe

No, the 4GB patch wouldn't cause something like that. It's more likely to have something to do with you not being able to install it with the default DAupdater.

Does it still happen if the overhaul (and any prerequisites) are the only mod(s) installed? (While you say that DA Reborn is the only active mod, I can see FTG's UI mod in your screencap... not that I suspect that mod has anything to do with your issue, mind you.)

And while you said that you have a fresh install, did you also start a new game, as recommended in the mod's description?

Edited by theskymoves

Yes even though I had DA Reborn as my only single mod the issue persisted. I don't know why this happens I haven't seen anyone having this issue anywhere else it doesn't make any sense. The author seems to be inactive for weeks so I guess I'm not getting any help there...

Yes even though I had DA Reborn as my only single mod the issue persisted. I don't know why this happens I haven't seen anyone having this issue anywhere else it doesn't make any sense. The author seems to be inactive for weeks so I guess I'm not getting any help there...

While the mod was last updated several weeks ago, the modder was active on the site just a few days ago, on March 3.

(And now I'm wondering if people think my mods have been abandoned, support-wise, when I haven't been around for a couple of weeks... *furrows brow*)