CS Errors, or "Did I just muck this all up to Oblivion?"

BlueSteelRanger

Salutations, again!

Right, so hopefully this will be my last set of hurdles. I'm adding a small almost-dungeon (I say "almost" because it won't be all that big and won't be a full on "Kill things dungeon crawl" sort of place). The interior? Pretty much all done and ready for testing/debugging if necessary.

When I moved to the Exteriors to place its corresponding door, map marker, linking, etc., I believe I may have mucked up something.

The first test revealed that my chosen coordinates were outside of the map in Hammerfell! My intended coordinates were for a spot directly north of Fort Hastrel.

Thus, I found out in-game the marker was outside the map and when I tried to travel there, I got a "You cannot go that way. Turn back." message. The game, thankfully, didn't crash or freeze. It merely re-dropped me at my starting point of my current clean save.

So, I thought I'd try the steps as detailed by one @Vagrant0, which says:

"When you go to load a mod in the CS, there's a "details" button. If you press it with your mod highlighted you can see everything that that mod changes. If you click the little bars on top, you can order this list by type. The neat thing about this little list of changes is that you can use it to remove small portions, entire cells, or whole worldspaces just by selecting the group you want to remove and hitting the delete key. When you next load and save the mod, these changes will no longer be present, meaning that those entries will no longer exist, and if that was something which was changed from the vanilla setting, those changes will no longer exist and the cell will be as it exists within the .esm."

I go in to load up the CS again to change my exterior locale to a spot I know is safe and I get these messages:

"Reference attached to wrong cell for its location:
REFR form " (00073FE3) to TREE form "TreeJuniper01" (0001D45C) in Cell 'Wilderness' (000A5C6) (-39, 21) in WorldSpace 'Tamriel' (0000003C)"

The same message comes up for "CPTower01", "CPBridge01", "CPStairs02", "ARHillsideEntrance01", "RockMossEndCap01".

And then this one:

"SetFormID bashing entry in form ID map at 0008866
Form basher: type LAND_ID
Bashed form: LAND form"

And finally:

"Potentially duplicate Land (0000b866) encountered in file "

Did I just destroy everything or is this fixable?

Note: I do not yet have the CS Extender. I do have OBSE and Cobl.

Do read my thread as well about CSE. OBSE will load the CSE specific stuff when you play the game, so be sure you launch it right or you might suffer from a slower game. I did but the solution is in that thread.

What I do know is that CSE shows all that stuff by default that you wanna see. It puts everything we work with on the top, which makes it easy to find and then we do not need to name stuff aaStuff to get them on top. :wink:

It might be so that you managed to copy that world space really. I do not know, otherwise CS wouldn't whine about it. MOO has the borders disabled by default and it is a setting in Oblivion.ini where you remove the borders but I guess that is not what you wanna do? Fort Hastrel is very close to Hammerfell border after all. Go there in game and check it out, go to the border and peek at the map. There is commands to use that will make you see the coordinates but I guess not many have borders activated any longer, not when so many mods go outside them and it sure gives us more space and freedom.

So if you duplicated the world space, what to do about it and how to rescue your mod? Well I suggest you load it with TES4Edit and remove those stuff that CS did complain about and remake that part. Put the entrance a bit more south if you want borders to be enabled. Cleaning stuff is easiest done in TES4Edit for sure.

My experience about exterior cell editing is that we have to be very careful as it sure is easy to make a mess.

Edited by Pellape

@Pellape: Okay, so I've run TES4Edit and followed its instructions. That resulted in the mod appearing clean (which is good because you must clean a mod before releasing anyway, right?).

I've got CSE downloaded and isntalled according to the instructions. Possibly dumb question but how do I run the thing? I have found a couple of .exe's in the folder.

As for the "dungeon" part of the mod, I've decided to pick new coordinates that I know are fairly safe and within the map boundaries: (-2,19). Trouble is, those errors still persist.

CSE

How to run it, read my thread, you have the link in my previous message, do read it as it is VERY important to do what I do in that thread to get CSE and Oblivion to work smoothly together. I can't force you to do it though... :wink: But I strongly suggest you do it so I really insist: Read my CSE thread.

Tes4Edit

Well it was not the auto cleaning I meant you to do, well if it sorted the crap out, then it is fine and very cool really. TES4Edit.exe the stand alone editor is good to use for deleting blocks of edited stuff but then you need to manually choose the parts you wanna delete or edit. In this case when it was an obvious duplicating, the Autocleaning was most likely the best choice to do and honestly, I wouldn't have used that one first my self, as I would manually have deleted those editings but the autocleaner would have done it better than I would have done it I supopose.

Edited by Pellape

@Pellape:

Well it was not the auto cleaning I meant you to do, well if it sorted the crap out, then it is fine and very cool really. TES4Edit.exe the stand alone editor is good to use for deleting blocks of edited stuff but then you need to manually choose the parts you wanna delete or edit. In this case when it was an obvious duplicating, the Autocleaning was most likely the best choice to do and honestly, I wouldn't have used that one first my self, as I would manually have deleted those editings but the autocleaner would have done it better than I would have done it I supopose.

The errors still persist, so I'm reading/learning how to do this manually. What to do, what not to do, etc.

As for your thread: Reading/listening now, starting from the very top.