CS Errors, or "Did I just muck this all up to Oblivion?"

BlueSteelRanger

They are made in such a way that you can put them anywhere really as they change directory to the one you specify at line 5. I did put them in my Oblivion directory and added them to my shortcuts at the taskbar, as I like to start them from that bar.

So I what, put those in a Notepad docment, then stick the document into the Data folder?

Yes. If you read the whole thread, I explain in details how it works and why the Batch files are still useful and why they came at all. They came with MS-DOS, 15 years before windows was born. So they can be used as shortcuts and more as it is the first script "language" that came to MS computers but not the first ones as scripts has always been part of computers. I used to make whole menu systems with BAT-files as one example, to make life easier in the MS-DOS environment.

1969 sh came when Unix was born as another example, sh = Shell and there you can combine every damn command a Unix computer can have and more and start programs with different flags and a lot more but some felt sh wasnt good enough, so there is a lot of more complex variants of it.

Command or CMD that it is now called on MS computers, that read the BAT-files is very limited so MS later created Powershell for more complex commands and script making. Well read my whole thread and you will get a more clear picture over what a BAT file is and what mine do in detail. But what happens when you double click a bat file, is that it launches CMD.exe that is in your windows\system32 folder, that execute every command written in it, just like all other script interpreters do. In the old MS-DOS, command.com was placed at the top of C:\

Edited by Pellape

@Pellape: I'll read over it again. I found myself somewhat under the weather over the last day or so, so my brain isn't working on all thrusters. :)

Good news is: My (admittedly simple AF) little quest added to my player house is progressing nicely. I just need to tell the thing to "end" properly and spruce up the story a bit.

What do you mean? All those files that I rename are part of CSE, except for the enb file and OBSE loads them no matter if you run Oblivion or CSE as it is OBSE you run and it is a vacuum cleaner that runs every damn DLL it finds and that is the main reason I made those 2 bat files in the first place as they slow my game down, files that are needed for CSE but not for the game. OBSE do not care which, as it runs them if it finds them so my batches hides the files from OBSE when you want to play the game.

Do you use ENBoost by the way? It doesn't matter if you use it or not really for my batch to work. If it cannot find the files, CMD will say so but it works anyway. CSE does not like enb and will crash if it is visible for CSE, so when you run CSE with my batch, it hides ENB and vice verse when you play the game, if it is there that is, otherwise it will whine, nothing else.

Edited by Pellape

@Pellape: First: "Do you use ENBoost by the way?"
No, I do not. I never use ENB's or the like (they're kind of a bit pointless for my not-really-working eyes).

Second: I noted that CSE requires some outside programs according to its Readme. Programs I either don't have yet or need to update.

As of right now, I'm holding off one more day or so until I fix a F up of my own. I was working on the quest bits for my mod (Overall, so far so good). Whilst working on that mod, I somehow mistakenly altered something (I do not yet know what; I'm trying to figure that out. A neighbour distracted me and effed up my navigation) in the vanilla Arena questline.

I've got to revert the Arena back to its vanilla state, hopefully without destroying everything I've done correctly so far.

Well ENBoost and ENB 0.259 doesn't have much to do with graphics as it is a way to give the game 4Gb RAM and prevent crashes. If you read the description: Use other ENB's for graphics...

If it was a graphic ENB, I would not have suggested it for a blind man, which would had been a bit pointless, as you did say your self :D

@Pellape: Oh hel-- So ENBoost improves performance/stability. ...I think I'm too used to Skyrim-era "ENB-anything" meaning ENB's and visual stuff, haha.

I've got to fix a thing where the Arena Bloodworks gate won't open and the Announcer guy won't do his Arena spiel when you go up to fight. Let's hope to all F I can revert that to its vanilla state....

There is also a fix for that problem but I cannot recall its name or where I got it from. I did look at my mod list as well but it could be in the Wrye Patch as well. I hope someone else might have a clue? I do have it fixed but before I had it fixed, I used the Blink mod to get through the gate, alternately use TCL.