Applied Mutagenics discussion thread

Cassie363

I've had this mod of mine in the works for a while, and figured I would share some info, and get some feedback on what direction I should take it in.

The mod I'm working on is one that I'm pretty proud of. It's been done before, sure, but nowhere close to as in-depth and detailed as I'm planning to take it.

Psyker. If you've played the original Fallout, you'll know what that word means.
A Psyker is an individual in the Fallout universe, human or otherwise, that possesses a certain paranormal ability, either through mutation via radiation, or FEV.

My eventual goal is to add a few new lore-friendly locations and questlines, revolving around a Commonwealth installation's research on a new mutated strain of FEV and its impact on the local wasters and wildlife. A psychic ability would be given to the player through this questline, the player would recieve an ability randomly.

(You might get telekinesis, or you might get the ability to control lamps. It'll be a major gamble.)

My mod adds these abilities, each one with its own strengths and weaknesses. You'll gain an extraordinary ability, but there will always be a catch. It's my way of making sure the abilities are somewhat balanced, and aren't too overpowered. The abilities will be upgraded through the accumulation of "Crystallized Mutagens", rare and difficult-to-find items that will be placed all across the wasteland, in hidden places.

It should be noted that the mod's very DLC-dependent. All DLC (in other words, GOTY), is required in order for the mod to run. Without DLC, you'll just have a lot of missing meshes and bugs, and just a bad time in general. I mean seriously, if you haven't bought all the DLC already, go do it. Now. It's great. That, and you get this nifty new mod to mess around with!

New items, new creature variants, and new characters and factions. Eventually I'd like to add voice-acting and detailed character development for every new NPC throughout the story.

I know this is ambitious, but I've been planning it for so long, and I'd like to finally see it through. If anybody would like to help, they would be more than welcome. If someone contributes significantly, they'll be credited as co-authors and receive full editing permissions to the mod.

What I need is the assistance of somebody who has extensive experience in NifSkope, who can change the textures of effects and projectiles, and design new ones.

It also wouldn't hurt to have the help of someone who can create new meshes from existing vanilla ones. Some of the weapon and armor concepts that I have can be pretty easily produced, or at least they would be, if I had any idea what I was doing.

And of course, voice actors!

If you're interested, message me and we'll figure out where to go from there.

Ability descriptions and details to follow, let me know what you think, I'm open to suggestions.

Edited by matt363

It should be worth noting that this mod isn't conceptual, either. Quite a few of these abilities are already working and ready to go. They lack decent sound effects or visuals, but I guess that's to be expected.
----------------------------THE ALTERED----------------------------
Individuals that have gained abilities, either by the FEV strain or other outside influence are referred to as the altered. They can be divided into four groups.

Alphas
Alphas are psykers who possess abnormally powerful abilities that have developed naturally over time. For reasons unknown, the new FEV strain doesn't seem to cause any discernible change in their abilities. It's currently unknown how their power becomes so strong, but it's assumed that for every hundred psykers, only one will ever become an Alpha. All Alphas have increased endurance, and take very little fall damage. Examples of Alpha abilities include Electricity, Magnetism, and Sound.

The Awakened
The Awakened are individuals that have already developed weak, minor abilities prior to FEV exposure. As a result, rather than being given a new ability when exposed to FEV, their existing abilities are often enhanced, being brought up closer to superhuman level. Risen beings are very powerful, with some of the more rare abilities. Examples of Awakened abilities include Enhanced Condition, Ergokinetic Combat, Vampirism, and Weakness Exploitation.

Lukes
Lukewarms, or Lukes, are ordinary humans who have gained abilities due to FEV exposure. Lukes usually possess useful, albeit limited abilities, which usually only often suffice as parlor tricks, and are ineffective in any real combat scenario. Examples of Lukewarm abilities include Telekinesis (Weakened), Luminescence, Electrical Charge, Sparks, and Dust Blast.

Jokers
Jokers are of the same concept as Lukewarms, as ordinary humans gaining abilities from FEV. The difference, however, is that Jokers often possess comically useless abilities with very little possible application. Examples of Joker abilities include Lamp Summoning, Spontaneous Self-Combustion, and Magnetic Bullet Attraction.
----------------------------ALPHA ABILITIES------------------------
The apex of superhuman skill, these abilities are the best of the best, right from the very top of the A-list. Abilities in this vein usually begin weak, gradually increasing in power over time. Alpha abilities can be acquired by selecting the Alpha perk.

-----------------------------------
Telekinesis
(Perk Description)
Mind over matter. That's what they say, isn't it?
With telekinesis, that saying becomes quite literal. As a telekinetic, you
gain the ability to throw objects at enemies. As you train, your abilities
will gradually become progressively stronger, enabling you to throw people
and cars about with little effort, and even stop bullets in motion. Such
power does not come without a few weaknesses, however.

You now suffer from crippling headaches when exerting yourself, reducing
your endurance by 1 and making your head twice as likely to be concussed in
combat.

-Bend Spoon-
Practice bending a spoon when out of combat to regain your focus, allowing you to recover a
small amount of AP.
(Requires a spoon, dummy.)

UPGRADES: Additional upgrades increase AP gain, but stronger telekinetic ability makes the spoon more likely to break.

-Throw Object-
Throw miscellaneous items from your inventory as a weapon. (Self-explanatory, just a Rock-It-Launcher carbon copy)

UPGRADES: Additional upgrades increase the velocity and damage of thrown items.

-Sustained Force-
Concentrated telekinetic force allows you to fling enemies around with
ease.
(Minimal damage support-type ability, keep enemies pinned while a companion shoots 'em up)

UPGRADES: Upgrades increase the duration of time that the enemy is pinned.

-Disarm-
Use telekinesis to disarm an enemy.

UPGRADES: Additional upgrade allows players to not only disarm the enemy, but destroy their weapon entirely.

-Kinetic Shield-
Absorb incoming damage and project it back at enemies. (I'm planning to add visual effects to this one. A script detects damage with small arms, and displays Bullet impacts as ripples or stopped bullets in midair. Once a certain damage threshold has been reached, the ability to fire telekinetic energy blasts is added to the player)
STATUS: Partially Done. Some kind of "refraction ripple" impact effect would be great, though, or even just a refraction "shield" model. If anyone's willing to help me on this, it would be much appreciated.

UPGRADES: Additional upgrade allows players to convert some of the absorbed damage into AP.

-Kinetic Blast-
A blast of telekinetic force that pushes enemies back with incredible
force.
(High damage, high force, can even fling cars around. TACTICAL TIP: Use it to push a car toward an enemy, then shoot the car to make it explode.)

UPGRADES: Additional upgrade's critical has a chance to produce an energy explosion.

-Kinetic Wall-
Project a high-powered volley of force, pushing back enemies in short range.
Completed.

UPGRADES: Additional upgrade increases range.

-Telekinetic Car Throw-(Ultimate)
You have mastered your telekinetic abilities. As a result, you have finally gained your master ability. You will be able to telekinetically lift and levitate cars, trucks and motorcycles, and throw them at enemies.
STATUS: Planned, I have reason to believe that this is possible, through scripts. I am not, for any reason, cutting this out of the final version. It's just too awesome to not implement. If you want to help get the ball rolling on this, you're more than welcome.

Flames
(Perk Description)
The only inferno at this disco is the one you'll make! With this mutation, you gain the ability to generate blasts of flame by producing and manipulating flames. Additional ranks will give you the ability to ignite enemies at long range, create large, fiery explosions, and fire balls of pressurized flame at your enemies.

There is a downside. Due to your mutation, you require vast amounts of blood oxygen to be devoted to flame generation. As a result, you are physically weaker, reducing both your Melee and Unarmed skills by 10 points, and reducing your Strength by 2.

-Cook-
You gain the ability to use the heat of your hands to cook meats, increasing their restorative value.

UPGRADES: Additional upgrades increase the quality of the cooked food.

-Phoenix Touch-
You gain the ability to ignite the molecules around your hands, giving your melee attacks burning properties.
UPGRADES: Additional upgrades increase the chance of inflicting burn status, as well as the duration of the burn.

-Firebreath-
You breathe a jet of flame that damages enemies over time.
UPGRADES: Additional upgrades decrease the ability's AP cost.

-Firebomb-
You compress fire into explosive grenades of flame.
UPGRADES: Additional upgrades increase the rate of fire.

-Pyric Regeneration-
You will actually recover health from being attacked with fire-based weapons.

UPGRADES: None.

-Immolation-
You can force enemies to spontaneously combust.

UPGRADES: Additional upgrades increase the duration of the burn.

-Inferno Rocket-
Fire an explosive rocket of flame.

UPGRADES: Additional upgrades increase the speed and damage of the rockets.

-Volcano-(Ultimate)
A massive stream of napalm that deals incredible damage.

Ice

(Perk Description)
With this mutation, you gain the ability to freeze enemies, damaging them over time and immobilizing them. As you upgrade your ability, you'll gain new skills, like the ability to spawn ice Spikes for cover, or fire blasts of freezing air.

Being a manipulator of ice, you have gotten used to the cold. You despise heat, however, and will take 50% more damage from fire and fire-based attacks.

-Chill Beverage-
Your ability is very weak, but not at all useless. You can make drinks ice cold, increasing their restorative value.

-Snowball-
Throw a ball of ice filled with compressed nitrogen, momentarily freezing foes.

-Arctic Blast-
Fire a blast of freezing air, interfering with the target's ability to concentrate in combat, making them less effective.

-Deep Freeze-
Gather moisture in the air and project it in a freezing explosion, freezing enemies for a medium amount of time, and increasing limb damage.

-Ice Spike-
Generate Spikes of ice to serve as portable cover. (Just re-textured stalagmites)

-Ice Launch-
Use an ice spike as a platform, boosting your jump.

-Ice Shards-
Shoot razor-sharp ice spikes like bullets, dealing high damage to enemies.

-Ice Spire Field-(Ultimate)
Launch an explosive barrage, which will create ice spikes and freeze all enemies in the blast radius for 60 seconds and deal damage over time.

Earth
(Perk Description)
With this mutation, you've developed an affinity for the earth. You'll be able to move the earth beneath your feet, allowing you to move boulders, create quakes, fire chunks of rock, and more.

The downside? You gain the attributes of stone, increasing in size and becoming less agile.

-Tremor-
Create tremors that stagger and disorient enemies.

-Stoneskin-
Coat your skin in granite, increasing your damage resistance.
STATUS: Completed, but lacking a visual effect. I could use some help with this.

-Shattered Blast-
Fire sharp rocks toward enemies at high velocity.

-Rockslide-
Crush your foes with heavy boulders.

-Golem-
Summon a living beast composed of rock to fight for you for 60 seconds.

-Quake-(Ultimate)
Shake the earth beneath your opponent's feet, making them fall over helplessly and take high damage.

Wind
(Perk Description)
With this mutation, you gain the ability to manipulate wind, generating gale-force winds. With further development, you'll be able to create solid blades of compressed air, air traps, and even use air pockets to boost your jump height.

There isn't a downside for this one yet. I'm open to suggestions.

-Gale Force-
Sweep enemies off their feet with gale force winds.

-Hurricane Blast-
Blast enemies back with incredible force, causing medium damage.

-Aeroblades-
Manipulate the air current, focusing it to slice through solid objects.

-Air Cushion-
Use the power of the air to boost your jumps, increasing jump height.

-Tornado-(Ultimate)
Hurl a massive whirlwind forward, which will damage and throw enemies.
STATUS: Planned, but currently lacking a visual effect. If someone could supply me with an animated tornado or whirlwind mesh that will actually function as a projectile, I'd be able to do the rest.

Water

(Perk Description)
With this mutation, you gain the ability to manipulate water, producing jets of water to knock enemies over, gaining the ability to breathe underwater, and more.

-Geyser-
Launch a stream of water, knocking over enemies and doing light damage.

-Dehydrate-
Pull some of the water out of an enemy's body, severely dehydrating and weakening them.

-Diffusion-
Manipulate the water in an enemy's body at the molecular level, making them gradually break down and disintegrate.

-Explosive Bubble-
Wrap water around air and compress it, creating a slow-moving, highly explosive bubble.

-Tsunami-(Ultimate)
Launch a massive stream of water that bowls enemies over and does high damage.

Lightning

(Perk Description)
Who needs to pay the electric bill? Not you.
This mutation gives you the ability to absorb, conduct, generate and manipulate electrical fields, charges, and currents.

Your ability comes with a downside, however. Electricity convulses your
muscles when submerged in water, making it almost impossible to hold your breath underwater.

-Megawatt Drain-
Absorb electrical energy from generators to restore health and AP. You can also drain the energy from energy weapon ammunition for the same effect.

-Electric Melee-
Charge your fists up with power, and release, with this electrical punch that sends opponents flying back and deals damage over time.

UPGRADES: Increases to damage and knockback.

-Lightning Bolt-
Fire a bolt of electricity, which will stun enemies upon a critical hit.

UPGRADES: Upgrades increase the amount of bolts that can be fired.

-Arc Lightning-
Allows you to rapidly fire medium-range bolts of electricity, dealing low damage and weakening enemies over time. Critical hits will produce an electrical explosion.

UPGRADES: Upgrades increase the frequency of critical hits.

-Overcharge Bolt-
Allows you to fire a powerful mid-range bolt of lightning, doing high damage, crippling
enemy limbs and sending enemies flying.

UPGRADES:

-Shockwave-
Fire an electrical shockwave, dealing low damage to organic foes, and high damage to synthetic ones, and blasting back both groups with high force.
Completed.
UPGRADES:

-Ionic Rush-
Use electrical energy to increase leg strength and traction, giving you a short burst of incredible speed.

UPGRADES:

-Electrocution Grenade-
Throw out a grenade that generates an electromagnetic pulse that causes massive damage to robots and other mechanical targets, and stuns and ties down enemies.

UPGRADES:

-Polarity Wall-
Generate an electrical shield, preventing incoming damage.

UPGRADES:

-Megawatt Hammer-
Fire a slow-moving rocket of electricity, doing heavy damage.

UPGRADES:

-Lightning Storm-(Ultimate)
Ahnillate enemies with a rapid barrage of highly charged lightning.

STATUS: Completed, but the effect isn't as appealing as actual lightning striking the ground. If you can help me with this, It'd be much appreciated.

Gravity

(Perk Description)
Make an impact! With gravity control, you can manipulate gravity, "slamming" enemies into the ground
with crushing force. As you train your ability, you'll be able to cause
damage in a wider range, and eventually be able to reverberate the effect,
throwing enemies upward helplessly into the air.

This ability has no downside or weakness at the moment. I don't want it to be too similar to telekinesis's weakness, so I'm open to suggestions.

-Downward Slam-
Slam the ground with kinetic energy, damaging anything within the vicinity.

-Gravity Blast-

Slam enemies with the force of a truck, breaking their bones and weakening them substantially.

-Smash-
Shatter the earth with crushing force, causing massive damage to nearby
enemies.

-Gravitational Restraint-
Fire bolts of warping energy that will gradually wear enemies' stamina down and make them move slower.

-Lift Field-(Ultimate)

Throw all NPCs in the vicinity upward, lifting them up helplessly into the air.

Sound

(Perk Description)
With this mutation, you gain the ability to manipulate and amplify sound, projecting it into powerful blasts that will harm enemies.

Unfortunately, to protect your ability to hear, your ears have been partially sealed, lowered your hearing so that you won't sustain physical damage. This results in a loss of perception.

-Sonic Scream-
Project your audible voice into a powerful sonic blast.

-Sonic Punch-
Channel concussive sonic energy into your hands, producing sonic blasts when you strike enemies.

-Sonic Leap-
Use sound to create a sonic boom at your feet, allowing you to leap through the air at high speeds.

-Precision Scream-
Scream with precise sound waves, giving enemies concussions and occasionally generating a burst of kinetic energy.

-Scarlet Phenome-
Produce a powerful sonic shield, which will reflect incoming attacks back at their source.

-Tenpouin Wave-(Ultimate)
Launch a volley of sonic blasts, which produce explosions on contact.

Smoke

(Perk Description)
With this mutation, you can emit smoke, tar and ash, blinding enemies and making them less effective in combat. Further development will allow you to cloak yourself in smoke and ash, making you less detectable to enemies. You can also teleport by blending with smoke, and reappearing in another place.

This ability has no downside at the moment. I'm open to suggestions.

-Smoke Blast-
Produce a blast of smoke which will obscure enemy vision, making them less likely to perform critical damage.

-Blend-
Surround yourself in a smoky cloud, allowing you to blend in the shadows and move undetected.

-Tar Slick-
Create blobs of tar which will cause enemies to slip and slide, falling over and losing their balance.

-Smoke Grenade-
Throw out a grenade of smoke, blinding and confusing enemies, making them attack one another.

-Tar Bubbles-
Throw out slow-moving bubbles of tar which will explode on contact and set enemies ablaze.

-Ash Teleportation-
Become living smoke, disappearing in one place, and reappearing in another.

-Ash Rocket-
Fire a projectile which explodes into a cloud of ash, weakening and disorienting enemies.

-Napalm Blast-(Ultimate)
Fire explosive balls of condensed heat and flammable elements, generating fiery explosions.

Blood

(Perk Description)
With this Mutation, You gain the ability to drain the blood of your enemies, using it to restore your health and AP. As your skill with this ability progresses, you will gain the ability to paralyze enemies by stopping their blood flow, damaging their circulatory system by forced clotting, and even controlling the blood in an enemy's body, moving them like a puppet.

Your abilities have a downside, however. These abilities are potentially dangerous to your health, and you will take minor health damage when you use them.

-Blood Drain-
Draw blood from enemies.

-Transfuse Blood-
Utilize blood you enhance your abilities.

-Circulatory Paralysis-
Alter an enemy's blood flow, restricting their movement.

-Blood Puppetry-
Manipulate an enemy's blood, controlling their body and making them a temporarily ally.

-Cardiac Arrest-(Ultimate)
Stop an enemy's heart, severely damaging them and potentially causing instant death.

Corrosion

(Perk Description)
With this mutation, you gain the ability to emit a corrosive plasma-like acid, which will damage and weaken enemies. As your ability progresses, you will be able to create large plasma explosions, and fire multiple bursts of plasma.

Due to the corrosive nature of your own plasma, your skin has gained an
adaptive resistance to its effects. However, this alteration has made you less agile and dexterous, reducing your Agility by 2.

-Corroding Fists-

Strike an enemy with acidic fists, doing prolonged damage to their health over time.

-Corrosive Bullet-

Fire a burst of plasma energy, breaking down enemy armor.

-Corrosion Blast-

Fire a blast of highly damaging corrosive plasma.

-Corrosive Grenade-

Throw an explosive ball of corrosive plasma.

-Acidic Storm-

Fire a barrage of explosive plasma bolts, damaging enemies and dissolving their armor.

Metal
(Perk Description)
With this mutation, you gain the ability to manipulate iron and ferrous alloys. Launch blasts of scrap shrapnel at your enemies, consume metals to increase your endurance, and even push the iron in your blood to the surface of your skin, making you resistant to damage.

Downside: Reduced Strength & Endurance (Anemia)

Magnetism

Vector Control

The ability to manipulate vector mediums, allowing you to gain a vast number of subsequent abilities via vector manipulation.

-Zip-Step-
Alter the motion vectors around your feet, allowing you to dash forward with blinding speed.

-Vector Strike-

-Lift-

-Vector Slam-

Propel yourself with motion vectors, allowing you to dart forward and slam into enemies, sending them flying.
Planned.

-Plasma Bomb-
Coalesce ambient wind current vectors into a sphere of heated plasma.

-Vector Dispersal-
With every hit you take, you will have a small chance to produce a large electrical explosion around you, which will damage enemies.

-Nullification Field-(Ultimate)

Flames Of Purgatory

With this mutation, you gain the ability to call forth the various flames of hell to judge evil. These flames have various effects, and are very effective and powerful.

This great power does not come without a cost, however. Every time you use this ability, you are taking a gamble. Each use of a purgatory flame has a very small chance of burning yourself with the cursed flames, doing permanent damage to your maximum health.

-Azure Flame-
Produce a blue flame that burns with intense heat. Critical hits will burn away enemies into ash.

-Belgephor-
A black flame that nullifies offensive mutant abilities.

-Leviathan-
A silver flame that temporarily freezes enemies upon contact.

-Asmodeus-
Initiate a combustible reaction, producing large, ear-shattering explosions.

-Mammon-
Summon swords which burn white-hot or ice-cold, allowing you to either freeze enemies, or set them aflame.

-Beelzebub-(Ultimate)
A white flame of extreme heat, capable of instantly incinerating anything. Using this power runs a much higher risk of permanent health damage.

Light

-Illuminating Aura-
-Flash-
-Beam of Resplendence-
-Burnout-
-Bondage-
-Lightshow-(Ultimate)

Shadow

Telepathy
(Perk Description)
Get what you want, when you want it! The power of suggestion can work
wonders. Mind Control gives you the ability to influence the minds of any
human or creature, causing them to become enraged. As your skill
progresses, you will be able to develop your ability further, making
enemies become allies, or run in fear.

However, due to being manipulative rather than facing enemies directly, all
of your combat-oriented skills take a 15 point penalty.

-Mind Reading-
Use your ability to read an individual's mind, gaining new clues and information through new dialogue options.

-Charm-
Use your abilities to persuade individuals, increasing your Charisma, and boosting your Speech and Barter skills. Also adds some unique dialogue options.

-Summon-
Use your telepatic abilities to send a long-range message, calling an ally to your side.

-Enrage-
Drive enemies mad, making them attack everything within sight without regard for self-preservation.

-Sedate-
Calm enemies by making them temporarily dazed and confused.

-Brainwash-(Ultimate)
Rewrite the memories of enemies and hijack their minds, making them allies.

Teleportation
(Perk Description)
Running? On foot? Pfft. Now teleportation, that's a way to get around! With
teleportation, you can zip around at lightning speed, travelling vast
distances in seconds. Once you upgrade your ability, you'll be able to
travel to various landmarks and unique locales across the Capital
Wasteland.

Your downside? Due to a lack of leg exercise, your Agility takes a 2 point
penalty.

-Targeted Jump-
Teleport to where your cursor is aimed.

-Long-Range Jump-
Teleport long-range to a landmark destination.

-Pocket Dimension-
Shift yourself into a dimension outside of space and time, using said dimension as a safe place to recover.

Trickster

(Perk Description)
With this mutation, you gain some hilarious abilities, allowing you to cause some very interesting and chaotic scenarios.

-Extradimensional Mutagenic Steak-
Fire steaks at enemies. Criticals turn the target into a Brahmin. Permanently.

-Garykinesis-
Summon your own personal Gary clones to fight for you.

-Shrink Ray-
Shrink a target, reducing its stats and health.

-Growth Ray-
Enlarge a target, increasing its stats and health.

-Teddy Bears-
Fire exploding teddy bears, which have a chance of summoning an enraged Yao Guai on the target.

Mutation

(Perk Description)
With this mutation, you gain the ability to change the biology of others. This allows you to give enemies diseases, genetic abnormalities, and even to bestow mutant abilities.

-Peak Condition-

Enhance the target's endurance and physical attributes.

-Metabolic Overload-
Accelerate an enemy's metabolic rate, burning them up and causing massive internal damage.

-Plague Blast-
Infect an enemy with devastating microbes..

-Ability Bestowal-
Induce genetic changes in certain human NPCs (named only), giving them superhuman abilities.

----[NPCs Affected]----

Lucas Simms

James (The Player's Father)

Technopathy

(Perk Description)
With this mutation, you gain the ability to control technology, increasing your ability to hack computers. As you grow and develop this power, you will be able to control and shutdown machines at will, and eventually even be able to build mechanical constructs.

Trying think of a downside, open to suggestions.

Elemental Blade Mastery

(Perk Description)
With this mutation, you become a feared supernatural warrior, gaining powerful elemental abilities when equipped with a sword weapon. The elements of fire, electricity, or even ice, can be channeled through the blade at will.

-Arctic Blade-
Imbue a sword with the cold of the mountain.

-Wildfire Blade-
Imbue a sword with the fire of the sun.

-Lightning Blade-
Imbue a sword with the power of the storm.

Pistolero

(Perk Description)
With this mutation, you become a formidable opponent with any non-energy revolver or pistol. Further ranks will allow you to project energy into your weapon, supercharging it for an impact shot, or amping it up even further for an explosive and gory nitro shot.

-Impact Shot-

-Toxic Shot-

-Nitro Shot-

Beast Lord

(Perk Description)
With this mutation, you gain the ability to control and befriend various wasteland animals. Further ranks will allow you to actually summon animals, and even take on their attributes.

Mirelurk

(Perk Description)
With this mutation, you develop gills, gaining the ability to breathe underwater. Further ranks will give you the ability to fire sonic projectiles, swipe at enemies with crippling claws, and befriend mirelurks.

Abomination

(Perk Description)
With this mutation, you become a relentless monster, gaining claws and an voracious appetite for human prey. Further ranks will give you the ability to leap long distances, see in the dark, and fire poisonous quills at enemies. At your final level, deathclaws and centaurs will no longer attack you.

-Razor Claws-
Tear your foes to shreds in slashing fury with these sharp, durable claws.

-Feral Hunger-
When you kill an enemy, they will drop edible organs, which when consumed, will restore health and temporarily increase physical attributes. you will also lose karma from consuming these.

-Lunge-
Leap a long distance, covering ground quickly.

-Aggressor Bile-
Spit a chemically-laden bile at enemies, which will make the target be attacked by any other nearby enemies.

-Toxic Quills-(Ultimate)
Fire deadly poisonous neurotoxin-filled quills at enemies.

Hive

(Perk Description)
With this mutation, you gain insectoid abilities of heightened agility and perception, and the ability spawn cocoons which you can sleep in to heal yourself. You will also no longer be attacked by insect enemies. As your ability grows, you will evolve, gaining the ability to encase yourself in armor, and even become a living hive, able to spawn various insectiod creatures which will guard you in combat.

Weapon Materialization

(Perk Description)
With this mutation, you gain the ability to materialize a number of weapons, like guns, swords and knives.

-Sword Materialization-
Temporarily summon a bound katana.

-Axe Materialization-
Temporarily summon a bound axe.

-Sniper Rifle Materialization-
Temporarily summon a Sniper Rifle with unlimited ammo capacity.

-Minigun Materialization-
Temporarily summon a Minigun with unlimited ammo capacity.

Regeneration
(Perk Description)
We all get hurt. The recovery's the hard part. Now, with the regeneration
mutation, you can bounce back to full health in a fraction of the time! As
your ability progresses, you'll gain the ability to disperse radiation when
healing, and even re-set crippled limbs.

There is a negative effect, however. External electricity interferes with
the delicate bioelectric field your body uses to heal itself, making you
take 25% more damage from all shock and EMP-based attacks.

-Slow Regeneration-
Very slowly regenerate lost health, with no AP cost.

-Fast Regeneration-
Regenerate your health quickly, while slightly repairing broken bones and
slightly reducing radiation while slowly draining AP.

-Rapid Regeneration-(Ultimate)
Regenerate your health rapidly in a short burst, while fully repairing broken bones and
greatly reducing radiation at the cost of a substantial amount of AP.

Titan Strength
(Perk Description)
With this mutation, you possess incredible strength, gaining the ability to carry much more weight, Hit much more harder, and eventually, with evolution, lift stop-signs, environmental objects and vehicles, and use them as weapons. You will also gain the ability to run faster and jump higher.

No downside yet, I'm open to suggestions.

-Stonewall Punch-
Punch an enemy, sending them flying and crippling their limbs.

-Adrenal Speed-
Augment your leg strength to run faster for a short time.

-Environmental Weapons-
Use objects from your environment as weapons, like stop signs, road signs, tables, chairs, and even uproot fire hydrants.

-Adrenal Jump-
Augment your leg strength to jump higher for a short time.

-Car Throw-(Ultimate)
Channel your strength to lift vehicles and throw them at enemies.

Hyper-Finesse
(Perk Description)
With this mutation, you gain the ability to throw certain objects with extraordinary accuracy. Additional ranks of power will give you enhanced reflexes, allowing you to slightly slow time around you.

-Hyper-Finesse Pencil Throw-
Throw a pencil with incredible accuracy.

-Hyper-Finesse Dart Throw-
Throw a dart with incredible accuracy.

-Hyper-Finesse Knife Throw-
Throw a knife with extraordinary accuracy.

-Lentation-
Boost your reflexes, increasing movement and attack speed while in slow-motion.
-----------------------------AWAKENED ABILITIES-------------------------
The majority of these abilities are useful, and have minimal negative effects. The problem, though, is that you are limited in the number of things your ability can do.

Precognition

With this mutation, you gain powerful psychic insight, allowing you to see into the future, unlocking unique dialogue options and maxing out your perception.

Hardcore Parkour

(Perk Description)
With this mutation, your movement is enhanced. You're no super-ninja or wall-crawler, but you will be able to run faster, and jump higher. You'll eventually be able to upgrade your ability even further, increasing your maneuverability with jumps.

-Enhanced Speed Sprint-
Increases running speed.

-Enhanced Jump-
Increases Jump Height

-Air Redirect-
Increases control while in mid-jump.

Blink

With this mutation, you gain the ability to "shift" through dimensions, allowing you to move with incredible speed whilst becoming invisible for a short time, allowing you to "teleport" around enemies, avoiding their attacks.

-Blink-
"Teleport" at high speeds, dodging enemy attacks.

Psychic Katana

With this mutation, you gain the ability to condense psychokinetic energy into a solid material, and give it form, summoning a katana to fight enemies with.

-Psychic Katana-
Summon a katana composed of solidified psychokinetic energy, and use it to slash your foes to bits.

Power Dealer Mutation

The ability to take away the abilities of an enemy mutant, and "store" them. You can not use the abilities that you take, but you can give them to NPCs of your choosing.

-Absorb Mutation-
Absorb the mutation of an NPC, allowing you to transfer it to another NPC.

Vampire

Gain the abilities of a vampire. All of your physical attributes will be enhanced, and you will be able to use melee weapons and unarmed attacks more effectively. You will also be able to consume bloodpacks to increase strength and stimulate regenerative abilities. Further upgrades will allow you to levitate, freeze enemies by touch, and summon undead minions, at the cost of additional weaknesses.

Possession

With this mutation, you gain the ability to put your mind into an enemy's body, temporarily taking control of them. This ability makes you vulnerable, however, as you will fall unconscious for the duration of the possession. Further upgrades increase your resistance to damage while unconscious.

-Novice Possession-
Possess an enemy for 15 seconds, while gaining 15 points of damage resistance for the duration of the possession.

-Adept Possession-
Possess an enemy for 30 seconds, while gaining 45 points of damage resistance for the duration of the possession.

-Master Possession-
Possess an enemy for 60 seconds, while gaining 75 points of damage resistance for the duration of the possession.

Judgement

The ability to fire a bolt of lightning that kills evil NPCs instantly, and heals good NPCs. (Only works on named NPCs.)

-Judgement-
Fire a lightning bolt which will kill evil NPCs instantly, and heal good NPCs.

FEV Diffusion

The ability to infect an individual with the enhanced FEV strain. The infected individual has a 50% chance of either dying immediately or gaining a random ability.

-FEV Diffusion-
Infect an NPC with FEV, giving them an ability, or potentially killing them.

Ergokinetic Combat

The ability to build up electrical energy within your body. This ability will amplify your strength and give you the ability to release ergokinetic bursts with melee, but you will shake uncontrollably, lowering your accuracy with any weapon.

-Ergokinetic Combat-
Channel energy into your fists, enhancing your melee strikes. The higher the level of electrical energy the player carries, the faster the player's punches will fly.

"And I'm all outta gum."

The ability to become extremely proficient with any weapon, but only after you have chewed bubblegum.

Ability Detection

Determine the natural ability of any power user through dialogue, as well as inactive latent abilities of potential power users.

Immortality

This mutation increases your vitality, giving you the ability to "resurrect" from death when your health drops below 25%.

Zombie Reanimation

With this mutation, you can summon zombies, infect NPCs with zombification, and fully resurrect the dead.

-Summon Zombie-
Summon a zombie to attack your enemies.

-Zombification-
Infect an enemy with zombification, causing them to frenzy and, upon death, reanimate as a zombie. This ability does not work on essential NPCs.

Decay

With this mutation, you gain the ability to induce decomposition in living things by breaking down tissue in organic creatures and generating prions.

-Prion Conversion-
Convert proteins into prions, malicious matter that will break down tissue and cause permanent damage.

Regenerative Coma

With this mutation, you can fall into a sleep-like state, becoming immobile, but regenerating health at a fixed rate.

-Regenerative Coma-
Fall into a sleep-state to recover health.

Powertap

With this mutation, you can tap into a power user's abilities, using their mutation as a blueprint for your body to temporarily change its own genetic code. This will allow you to obtain a mock imitation of their ability. You can only hold onto one "mock imitation" ability at a time. Attempting to obtain another one will erase the one you currently possess.

-Powertap-
Mimic another mutant's mutation.
--------------------------LUKEWARM ABILITIES------------------------
These abilities are relatively minor in scope, but still either useful or enjoyable to play around with.

Zap Strike

With this mutation, you gain the ability to amplify your unarmed strikes with electrical energy, and critical hits will produce electrical current on contact, akin to a tazer.

-Zap Strike-
Strike an enemy with electrically charged force, occasionally producing electrical explosions.

Undead Physiology

The ability to possess the skills and abilities of a living corpse. You will move slower and smell like decay, but will also gain the ability to "infect" NPCs, turning them into mindless zombies. You can also consume the brain matter of fallen enemies, which will make you faster and stronger for a short while. When your health falls below 10% you will collapse and then "resurrect" at full health.

Volatile Embers

With this mutation, you gain the ability to fire small glowing embers at enemies, which do very little damage, but have a VERY small chance of igniting enemies in a fiery explosion.

-Ember Bolt-
Fire a weak glowing cluster of embers, which will rarely produce an explosive flame reaction.

Dust Blast

With this mutation, you gain the ability to launch a cloud of dust at enemies, decreasing their accuracy with firearms.

-Dust Blast-
Launch a blast of dust at enemies, obscuring their vision and reducing their firearm accuracy.

Minor Telekinesis

A weaker, toned-down form of telekinesis, this ability lets you move small objects without physically touching them.

-Minor Telekinetic Push-
Use minor telekinesis to push light objects. This is really only a novelty, as it only affects certain moveable objects.

-Minor Telekinetic Throw-
Use telekinesis to throw objects from your inventory with minimal velocity, causing very light damage.

Healing Touch

With this mutation, you will gain the ability to induce cellular reconstruction and revitalization, allowing you to to heal allies rapidly.

-Healing Hands-
Lay your hands on an NPC to heal them.

Berserk Rush

This mutation gives you the ability to willingly overexert your muscle fibers without sustaining damage, allowing you to gain increased strength.

-Exertion-
Augment your muscle mass, giving you enhanced strength.

Luminescence

The ability to glow.

-Glow-
Produce light, illuminating the surrounding area.
--------------------------JOKER ABILITIES------------------------
There's always a chance that you could end up with an ability that is, well... less than desirable. These abilities fall under that category. Some of them are useful, some are comical. They are minor abilities, usually only having one or two effects, often detrimental to the user.

Potato Gun

The ability to launch potatoes from your hands.

-Spud Gun-
Launch high-velocity potatoes at enemies.

Self-Detonation

With this mutation, the ability to "explode", creating large bursts of energy from your body. You will take damage from the explosion. This ability could actually be useful, applicable to some combat scenarios.

-Detonate-
Literally explode, damaging nearby enemies. You will take damage yourself.

Omni-Impotence
The ability to be incredibly weak. With this ability, or rather lack thereof, all of your SPECIAL stats take a 2 point reduction. That's the risk you take when you gamble with FEV.

Anomalous Porphyria

This mutation changes your nerve structure, making you extremely sensitive to sunlight exposure. You will take damage in sunlight.

Caffeination

The ability to add caffeine to drinks.

-Caffeinate-
Imbue a beverage with caffeine, adding boosted AP regeneration.

Stupidity Induction

The ability to significantly lower an individual's IQ for a short time.

-Induce Stupidity-
Reduce an NPC's intelligence.

Imaginary Friend

The ability to have an invisible monster that follows you around. It doesn't attack anything, it just follows you endlessly until it dies. (It's also very loud and annoying.)

Lamp Summoning

The ability to summon lamps.

-Lamp Launch-
Fire lamps at enemies.

Magnetic Bullet Attraction

The ability to attract bullets. This "ability" will make you take more damage from firearms. That's the risk you run for messing with FEV.

Extradimensional Hat Mutation

The ability to summon a shapeshifting hat that grants various bonuses depending on its form.

Cleaner Mutation

The ability to kill bacteria and smell like fresh lemons.

-Emit Antibacterial Agent-
Emit an antibacterial agent, increasing your radiation resistance by 6.

-Lemony Scent-
Emit organically engineered citrus fumes, increasing your Speech by 5, and your Charisma by 1.

Combustion Mutation

The ability to set yourself on fire. This is actually more useful than it seems, as when you are set aflame, enemies will not be able to damage you with melee attacks.

-Combustion-
Ignite your skin, setting yourself ablaze, which will slowly drain your health. It will also damage enemies, however. With each hit that enemies land on you, be it from melee weapons or firearms, you will produce a miniature burst of flame, damaging nearby enemies.

Drunkenness Mutation

The ability to become drunk at will without consuming alcohol, while still having to sober up naturally.

-Induce Drunkenness-
Make yourself drunk.

Karma Chameleon Mutation

The ability to become completely invisible, but only when your karma is neutral.

-Chameleon Blend-
Become invisible. Doesn't work unless your karma is neutral.

Senior Citizen Control Mutation

The ability to control the minds of the elderly.

-Control Elderly-
Mentally control any old-aged NPC.

Herbivore Mutation

The ability to digest plant matter more easily, making fruits and vegetables more effective. However, your body now has an intolerance to meats, causing you to experience negative effects if you eat them.
--------------------------------WEAPONS------------------------------

NAME: Drunkard's Demise
DESCRIPTION: A modified plasma rifle that has been reconfigured to utilize alcohol as a fuel source.

NAME: Jury-Rigged Grenade Launcher
DESCRIPTION: A cheap, crappily made DIY grenade launcher. Expect it to break quickly, and often.

NAME: Blue Coyote
DESCRIPTON: A sawn-off shotgun that uses customized white phosphorous slugs.

NAME: Horizon Laser Pistol
DESCRIPTION: A modified Laser Pistol. It's been altered to have an extremely high rate of fire.

NAME: Horizon Airblade
DESCRIPTION: A sword fitted with dispersal nodes that cut into the air, allowing for ranged melee attacks.
--------------------------------ARMORS--------------------------------
NAME: Horizon Power Suit
DESCRIPTION: A suit based on Chinese pre-war technology. It functions as a lighter form of power armor.

NAME: Prometheus Suit
DESCRIPTION: A suit lined with an incombustible material. It grants the wearer increased resistance to fire.

NAME: Horizon Stealth Boy MK II
DESCRIPTION: A device which grants the wearer an active stealth field for 60 seconds, provided that they have energy cells on hand. Each use depletes energy cells.

NAME: Horizon Adreno-Acellerator
DESCRIPTION: A device which injects synthetic epinephrine into the bloodstream, altering the user's reflexes and strength, but increasing chance of injury from overexertion.

NAME: Horizon Ablative Plating
DESCRIPTION:

NAME:
DESCRIPTION:

NAME:
DESCRIPTION:

NAME:
DESCRIPTION:

NAME:
DESCRIPTION:

Edited by Cassie363

a

-Snowball-

USER FEEDBACK: Totally unfair in a snowball fight during nuclear winter.

Sorry, couldn't help it. Looks like a great mod. You've put quite a bit of work into this it seems. How long have you been working on this?

a

-Snowball-

USER FEEDBACK: Totally unfair in a snowball fight during nuclear winter.

Sorry, couldn't help it. Looks like a great mod. You've put quite a bit of work into this it seems. How long have you been working on this?

It's been in its planning stages for over two years, but I only just recently began working on it. At the time, I figured somebody else would beat me to the punch and make a mod like mine.

Eventually time passed, new games came out, and I lost interest in Fallout 3, and forgot about my mod idea.

Later on, though, I came back to Fallout 3, and when I noticed that nobody had made a mod like mine, (at least not the way I envisioned) I jumped at the chance to finally get started.

I'll take some screenshots of what I have done and link them here when I have some time.

Also, more info.

Here's a current list of the vanilla NPCs that can gain FEV abilities.

(By act of the player, via the "Power Bestowal" ability.)

James (Dad)

ABILITY: Regeneration, Enhanced Longevity

DESCRIPTION: If the player gives James his ability before he dies at the Jefferson Memorial, He will be resurrected. This also allows him to be recruited by the player as a companion.

Lucas Simms

ABILITY: Deadeye

DESCRIPTION: Doubles Simms' critical chance, making him better able to defend Megaton, should anyone attack it.

Andy Stahl

ABILITY: Cook (Pyrokinesis)

DESCRIPTION: Cooks meat for the player, for a fee. (New dialogue option.)

Jenny Stahl

ABILITY: Chill Beverage (Cryokinesis)

DESCRIPTION: Makes drinks cold for the player. (New dialogue option.)

Leo Stahl

ABILITY: Flammable Gel

DESCRIPTION: Leo can sell some of the flammable substance he generates to the player.(New dialogue option.) This substance can be used to make new weapons at a HiTek workbench.

Billy Creel

ABILITY: Mental Healing

DESCRIPTION: Billy possesses the ability to will away negative emotions and stress with his own positivity and optimism. His ability will give the player a free temporary stat bonus.

Colin Moriarty

ABILITY: Hangover Cure

DESCRIPTION: Uses his ability to cure the effects of alcohol withdrawal, but charges a ridiculous amount for this service. Offers the player a cut of the profits from time to time.

Gob

ABILITY: Invisibility

DESCRIPTION: Applies Invisibility effect. Also adds a new dialogue option.

Lucy West

ABILITY: Wolf Familiar

DESCRIPTION: Lucy gains a white wolf familiar that follows her around and protects her.

Doc Church

ABILITY: Acidic Blood

DESCRIPTION: Unlocks a new dialogue option in which Church complains about his ability's impracticality.

Jericho

ABILITY: Darkfire Blast

DESCRIPTION: Jericho gains a powerful dark energy attack to use in combat.

Cromwell

ABILITY: Atom's Glow

DESCRIPTION: Cromwell glows with radioactive energy, increasing his charisma toward the members of his flock.

Walter

ABILITY: Water Purification

DESCRIPTION: For a modest fee, Walter will purify the dirty water that the player has in their inventory.

The Family (All members including Ian West)

ABILITY: Vampiric Traits

DESCRIPTION: All of the affected gain inhuman speed, strength, and endurance.

Eulogy Jones

ABILITY: Eulogy Clones

DESCRIPTION: Eulogy gains a posse of body doubles that will follow him around & defend him.

Ymir

ABILITY: Superhuman Strength

DESCRIPTION: Ymir gains extraordinary strength.

Forty

ABILITY: Enhanced Mobility

DESCRIPTION: Forty can run extremely fast.

Gary Staley

ABILITY: Radiation Removal

DESCRIPTION: Gary gains the ability to increase the quality of certain foods by cleansing them of radiation, for a fee.

Belle Bonny

ABILITY: Master Bartender

DESCRIPTION: Belle gains the ability to create extraordinary drinks with many beneficial effects, provided that the player has the components.

Mei Wong

ABILITY: Lightning Bolt

DESCRIPTION: When the situation presents itself, the player will have the opportunity to give Mei Wong the ability to hurl lightning bolts.

Paulie Cantelli

ABILITY: Addiction Immunity

DESCRIPTION: Paulie becomes immune to chem addiction.

Doctor Preston

ABILITY: Healing Touch

DESCRIPTION: Preston will restore the player's health for free. This treatment doesn't fix limb damage, radiation, or addiction, however.

Dukov

ABILITY: Transmutation (Water into Alcohol)

DESCRIPTION: Dukov gains the ability to transmute dirty water into a random alcoholic beverage.

Alistair Tenpenny

ABILITY: Telekinesis

DESCRIPTION: It's telekinesis. You should know this.

Herbert Dashwood

ABILITY: Regeneration

DESCRIPTION: Herbert can heal from almost any wound, making him invulnerable to most damage. His only weakness is electricity.

Edgar Wellington

ABILITY: Snowball

DESCRIPTION: Edgar can throw compressed spheres of freezing gas, which temporarily immobilizes targets.

Reilly

ABILITY: Fireball (Pyrokinesis)

DESCRIPTION: Reilly gains the ability to burn enemies with fireballs.

Roy Phillips

ABILITY: Radiation Blast

DESCRIPTION: Roy can fire a burning blast of searing radiation.

Charon

ABILITY: Corrosive Blast

DESCRIPTION: Charon can fire a blast of corroding energy that breaks down armor.

Doc Hoff

ABILITY: Psionic Assault

DESCRIPTION: Hoff uses psychic abilities to mentally weaken the target.

Agatha

ABILITY: Enhanced Dexterity

DESCRIPTION: Agatha gains superhuman dexterity, increasing her skill as a violinist.

Carol

ABILITY: Sonic Blast

DESCRIPTION: Carol can generate a blast of sonic energy, which will stun and weaken targets.

Derek Pacion

ABILITY: Superhuman Speed

DESCRIPTION: Derek is given superhuman speed, allowing him to run faster than the speed of sound.

Dominic D'Ellsadro

ABILITY: Sensory Enhancement

DESCRIPTION: Dominic gains the ability to alter his senses at will, making them stronger or weaker when the situation calls for it.

Joe Porter

ABILITY: Memory Materialization

DESCRIPTION: Joe Porter has gained the ability to materialize things from his past memories. This has allowed him to resurrect his dog, Ol' Mule, from memory.

Scribe Peabody

ABILITY: Kinetic Shield

DESCRIPTION: Scribe Peabody gains the ability to generate a kinetic shield around his body, increasing his resistance to damage.

Star Paladin Cross

ABILITY: Shrapnel Blast (Ferrokinesis)

DESCRIPTION: Cross gains the ability to launch high-velocity shards of shrapnel at enemies.

Owen Lyons

ABILITY: Plasma Bolt

DESCRIPTION: Lyons gains the ability to fire bursts of plasma from his hands.

Sarah Lyons

ABILITY: Laser Beam

DESCRIPTION: Sarah gains the ability to fire extraordinarily powerful laser beams from her hands.

Sierra Petrovita

ABILITY: Nuka-Cola Generation

DESCRIPTION: Sierra gains the ability to turn water into Nuka-Cola.

ABILITY: Shape-shifting (Uncontrolled)

DESCRIPTION: Sticky gains the ability to transform into a Mole Rat. Unfortunately, he doesn't know how to change back. Maybe that's in everyone's best interest, though. Less headaches.

Eclair

ABILITY: Transmutation

DESCRIPTION: Eclair will gain the ability to transmute cave fungus into great-tasting gourmet foods, while keeping the fungus's ability to heal radiation intact.

Red

ABILITY: Paralysis

DESCRIPTION: Red gains the ability to paralyze enemies for a short time.

Shorty

ABILITY: Flamethrower (Pyrokinesis)

DESCRIPTION: Shorty gains the ability to project flames at enemies.

Timebomb

ABILITY: Self-Detonation

DESCRIPTION: If Timebomb's health drops below 30%, he will explode in a burst of energy. (He dies when this happens.)

Sydney

ABILITY: Sunfire (Heliokinesis)

DESCRIPTION: Sydney gains the ability of sunfire, the power to launch blasts of incinerating solar flames. This also makes her re-recruitable as a companion.

Scribe Yearling

ABILITY: Postcognition

DESCRIPTION: Yearling expresses her gratitude for being given an ability with a valuable reward - a small collection of skill books.

Edited by matt363

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having trouble with something --- changing the color of the plasma rifle projectile. I changed both the vert color and the material color in NifSkope and nothing happens.

When I go to test it out ingame, the color stays the same vanilla green and it crashes the game.

And I can't try the Blender method, because the Nif Scripts don't work for me.

I'm also having trouble with the "water" projectile. I don't know how to change the Centaur Spit projectile's color because it has no vert data...

:S

If somebody could help me out, I'd appreciate it. At this point, I'm out of options.

Anyway, this bump was much needed.

If anyone wants to contribute to the project, (either to collaborate with their own modding skills or to participate in a closed beta) message me. I'll be quick to respond.

Edited by matt363