Hello guys,

I recently got Fallout New Vegas on Steam and decided to mod it. I have some experience with Fallout 3 anyway.

So, my problem is that everytime I try to download manually a large mod (like the NMCs_Texture_Pack) with the DownThemAll plug-in (a download manager for Firefox) I get an Error.htm file instead of the said file.

I want to use the download manager because Firefox's stock downloader is quite slow, around 200~300kb/s compared to the plug-in which downloads at around 600~700kb/s-1mb/s. It works normally with other sites.

Is it because this feature is only availabe for premium members? IIRC I could use the plug-in to download mods from Fallout 3 Nexus.

Thanks for your help.

If I recall correctly, only premium members can use download managers, we petty mortals have to use the stock one.

Besides, download speed is limited to cca 300-350kbps for non-premium members so there's not much point in using the download manager either.

If I recall correctly, only premium members can use download managers, we petty mortals have to use the stock one.

Besides, download speed is limited to cca 300-350kbps for non-premium members so there's not much point in using the download manager either.

But when I try to download any other small file, like 10-50mb the download manager works. Also I found this:

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/news/927/

It states that non-premium members can reach 1mb/s.

Huh, maybe I should read the news more often. Or read the news, period. Anyway, did you try to play around with the download manager's settings? Some setting might be making that problem.

And this question would be better asked in the site feedback section rather than the game's technical support.

It states that non-premium members can reach 1mb/s.

Maybe some can but I'm yet to see anything over 350kbps. I download torrents at 4.7MB/s and I can't go over 350kbps on any of the Nexus sites. Doesn't matter either, no file is that big that I need 1MB/s.