questions about converting outfits

hey all,

to keep everything nice and short, i was wondering if there was any community resources, maybe even a tutorial on converting outfits from one bodytype (e.g. vanilla to type 3 / roberts to breezes)

i remember when i first started out on learning the basics of new vegas modding (maybe a year ago? if that even helps.) i saw a brief outline of how to do this but i have had issues finding it again.

to my limited understanding, i would need to remodel the mesh of the outfit to fit the body i am converting it to in blender, adjust shader in nifskope and place said outfit in the world using GECK.

and that is before anything tedious like rigging decides to throw a curveball at me

thiiis might be a stupid question but i have no shame so here goes. if i am converting a base game armor onto a bodytype which is added through a mod, is there any certain steps i have to take regarding the skeleton, or can i then go straight to exporting it once i've done 'create vertex groups'

or maybe i'm going about this completely wrong? after all im only inferring from what i've learnt so far.

any help would be appreciated.

There is a program on LoversLab "New CLothing Body Style Converter" that will convert any armor from one body style to another.

It is in a section of LoversLab that is adult only. https://www.loverslab.com/topic/27557-new-clothing-body-style-converter-beta-v089f-10-26-2014/?tab=comments#comment-690766

I have been using this tool for years. It does not do a flawless job and some adjustments may be necessary, but it does work.