PLEASE help a noob learn to mod

AegisLao

Hello, Please read to the end to understand the noobs Plight.

First let me start by saying I’m aware that there is a tutorial forum here already, however, the information provided is not quite what I need for help at my current level. My wish and my goal is to be able to make cosmetic mods for monster hunter (my own custom layered weapons/weapon effects, and custom character model changes like the Pyra and Mythra mod for example). My modding knowledge, however, is -50. I’m worse than a noob in every way when it comes to modding experience and know-how. I’ve taken baby steps into learning the Blender 3d modeling software, So I’m still not very familiar with terms like mesh, vertices, weight transfer, bone placement, and all that, But I’m sure I’ll be able to make more sense of information related to that around here once I get more 3d modeling experience.

So now. When it comes to modding, there are a few basic things (at least I think they’re considered basic) that I would like to know that I think would really help me when I finally get started. Still here? If you are, first of all, thank you for your time. Secondly these are the things I’m currently looking to know. The whole thing I’ve been building up to.

THE NOOBS PLIGHT

| |

| |

V V

In modding, I know you have to go to a games files -> access and extract those files -> modify those files and overwrite things to put your creation in the code of said files -> and somehow cram those files back into the game. So, THE PLIGHT: (Let’s say for arguments sake that (even though I don’t right now) I have a fully complete weapon and\or character model waiting in blender for an import. Can someone who knows their way around modding, explain to me what files to modify, how to find, get to, and extract those files, what steps there are to modifying them the correct way, and to make sure they work right and show up in game.)) I’m a pretty visual learner, so IF POSSIBLE AND NOT TOO MUCH OF A BURDEN TO YOU. Can someone make video or explain it with the help of screenshots and pictures. If you can’t do that, simply replying would still be appreciated. I would assume Mods like these are the simplest, But as some with literally less than zero knowledge about modding, I’d truly appreciate if anybody could help guide me along the path to being a competent, cosmetic Monster Hunter Modder. Especially with Monster Hunter Rise now confirmed for PC. Thanks to anyone who has read to the end. (oh and please dumb down and spoon feed me important file names, And file extensions like "MOD3" or "MRL3 or "FBX".)(oh also, I know I asked for specific info, but If you know anything else you think would help me, Please share that as well.) Thank you.