How do I create a custom World Map for my Custom Worldspace

morrowind1979

I am almost ready to release an update to my world mod Hellspire. I would like to make my own world map instead of the mod using the default Skyrim world map. I have googled this and all the results come back with LOD tutorials. I cant see how LOD tutorials will help me make a world map. If anyone can help me with this I would appreciate it

is that world Lod??? tried generating it with terrain, static objects and trees ticked. stopped at 0.2 % and got a weird error about textures files being different sizes. Right at this moment I an now generating it with only the terrain/water box ticked and it seems to be working its currently at 10.4% will that work?

I was just coming back here to say do NOT use the CK to generate terrain LOD, and if you try, do NOT save your file afterwards because there is a good chance things will be hopelessly corrupted.

Use Oscape - it's an LOD tool available from the nexus.

Here are some sane oscape settings

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/854371-generating-static-lod-textures/?p=6857409

the thread has some other interesting info. It will also tell you where to grab the tga textures needed.

CK will work for object/tree LOD, see

http://www.gameskyrim.com/new-worldspaces-object-lod-and-region-generation-t257186.html

So generate terrain LOD with Oscape, install, then generate object LOD using the CK (and trees, if needed)

Edited by acidzebra

I had that "no data" blah once, but I don't recall what did it. Corrupted worldspace or something else, I don't recall.

I also sometimes have problems running the x64 version even though I'm on a 64bit box. Try the 32bit version if you're on x64.

Anyway, these are the start-up steps for me:

1 Start Oscape, under Game, select Skyrim. This will give you a list of all the masters and plugins. Make sure your mod is ticked (you could try unticking all unneeded once)

2. Press the Fill button, and in the drop down list next to the button select your worldspace.

3. Check the feature-map and surface-map boxes (IMPORTANT)

4. Under Outputs, press Browse and select the output folder, can be any folder. You MUST rename the raw file to the same name as the worldspace name under #2. Press Extract and wait.