Half Vampire Half Lycan Stronger than both

KaraiValentine

I have seen what mods are already made on this, at least i think i've seen them all... but i have something different, at least i hope it's different. I know Underworld has already inspired eye mods, but I want to suggest going further: a true werewolf-vampire hybrid

Now first I'd like to discuss the transformation itself.

1. you still wear your armour and can attack with weapons or claws.

2. inventory still available

3. NPCs still attack you as if you were werewolf or stage 4 vampire

4. you can open doors and enter/exit places

5. greater running speed (though personally i'd vote against the werewolf running animation)

6. black eyes

7. unlike the werewolf transformation it should be unlimited and able to be turned on and off

as for visual aid:

http://img-cache.cdn.gaiaonline.com/a4b3fabfb72b5fb763206a7b2ccb9d1a/http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q31/flarn/hybrid.jpg

http://www.beyondhollywood.com/posterx/underworld2evolution2.jpg

Bonuses when transformed:

- immune to sunlight - 75%
- immune to silver - 75%
- resist poison and diseases - 75%
- sneaking bonus - 75%
- vampire drain
- resist frost - 75%
- vampire sight
- werewolf roar
- melee claws - 50 dmg
- melee defense - 25%
- health regeneration - 75%
- increased strength and speed - 100%
Bonuses when not transformed:
- immune to sunlight - 25%
- immune to silver - 25%
- resist poison and diseases - 25%
- sneaking bonus - 25%
- vampire drain - 25%
- resist frost - 25%
- increased strength and speed - 50%
Weaknesses
- fire - 75%
Any other relevant powers or weaknesses i leave up to the mod. As for how to become a hybrid, i suggest going with the classical: you find another hybrid in a cave, it attacks you and you get infected, you become one soon as you go to bed.

I think that's it... thank you in advance for any modder who takes up this project.

Edited by KaraiValentine

• 4 weeks later...

Being interested is the least of worries, making the actual textures plus the new anims, then adding a faction and new perks and placing the claws in the transformation and adding a quest to get it etc... all of that (and more since that's just a small part of the work) makes this a good idea but an extremely though one... Not as simple as a plain re-texture. And since most modders stay with one kinda of mods, the ones able to texture and animate and make quest and etc are rare. You'd have more luck if you tried mustering up a team of modders for a bigger project including this transformation (Say, a storyline that would activate when you're either vamp or werewolf and would make you an hybrid over the course of it.) Then simply asking for the transformation. My thought is that, if you make new textures and stuff, you might as well make a whole lot more and make some bigger mod which will bring in more people. I would offer my aid but I unfortunatly am more of a voice actor... Never really got into any kinda of modding.

If you do decide to make a bigger one and need some voice acting, you know where to find me.

It's cool but a little too ambitious. Like Dweramond said, this requires scripting, texturing, sound and many other modding skills all in one.

And there's already - less interesting - combination mods out there.

Plus, lorewise, I 'm pretty sure Hircine and Molag Bal are not friends. A mortal somehow having both their blessing might make Molag Bal rip you in half.

Hircine, less so, since he'd just be pleased you like hunting so much. xD

Yeah, as foul said the lore prolly need some rethinking, I understand you got the idea from the movie underworld, which means you must know that in there it was actually a werewolf bit by a vampire right before he died that became a hybrid. I'm thinking it would probably be better to leave it that way. And as I said, this require so much work in so many different kinds of modding, it is more likely to attract people who like big projects, which means you'd have a better chance making a whole new area with this mod as a part of the quest line there. First of all, by making a big project you make sure that many people will actually take note of your mod, second, by making this wonderful idea an "Hidden bonus" (AKA as possible to get during the storyline of said bigger mod) you bring even more attention to your mod. Of course that require a whole lot of people, so I'd advise making a WIP thread so that people go "Wow!" and stuff and that it gets noticed, you just gotta say you're looking for a team of able modders and explain what kind of mod you're trying to make. I'm pretty sure foulfrost just above this message wouldn't mind helping with ideas and I sure wouldn't mind either (Since I understand you did not expect to have to make a storyline and etc) Such a transformation requires so much work that a simple trans seems like a lot of work for nothing to people, but I'm sure if you contact different modders and ask if they're interested in either this or a bigger project you could eventually get a team together. The time it would take to do so would most likely be pretty long unfortunately...

Meh, I'm hoping for more "beast-like" hybrid :biggrin:

The Underworld hybrid IS a bit lame when compared to Varghulf, for example. (Not really hybrid, but more beastly vampire) http://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Varghulf#.TqtphnJ-GuI

I haven't watched Underworld completely, but AFAIK the vampires are quite close to Vampire Lord, werewolves are as beastly as usual.

Whereas Hybrid is just pumped-up person with huge strength.

Anyhow, hybrid is really good as idea, it'd offer something new and unique.

• 6 months later...