Downloads not Working?

FalconEnforcer

Hey all I'm kind of new to this whole modding thing, just recently got a PC worthy of gaming on, downloaded skyrim and wanted to download some mods to go with it. I've downloaded the NMM and 7zip.

But whenever I click on download with manager, or download (manual) I don't get any sort of pop up, and nothing is happening in the nmm.

The page I'm on stops allowing to do anything but close the window, so something IS happening, and download history say's i've downloaded all the mods I've attempted.

Is there a step I'm missing or what? Help would be apprecitated.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate on this PC

Thanks in Advance :cool:

Do you have NMM set to categories view or looking at the plugin pane? If you are in categories view, click the bottom left button to see and install your mods. Download manually should ask where you want to download from and where to save the file. If you don't find any mods in NMM check your Nexus Mod Manager directory. It should be something like this

C:Drive > games / Nexus Mod Manager > Skyrim > Mods

or whatever you named the folder you installed NMM into.

I hope this helps.

Looking in categories, don't see anything, the plugins page shows Skyrim, the addons, and mods i've subscribed to from steam, nothing in the NMM directory either, just tried reinstalling NMM, still nothing.

ok uninstalled, reinstalled, still nothing, but I noticed there's this blank white box that pops up when I hit Install NMM, is this box important in any way? Is it supposed to be blank? My guess is no...

First, try downloading a file manually. Click on the blue text above the download button (it should have a little disc icon next to it) and see if it gives you a download message. Also, what is the directory structure of where you installed NMM?

Local Disk (C:) -> Progam Files (x86) -> NMM, download manually seems to work just having trouble finding my skyrim directory (I downloaded Skyrim from Steam), still nothing from Download with Manager

Well... it may not seem like the ideal solution, but you can download all your files manually, then open NMM, click on the plugin icon with the green(?) arrow, select "Add from File", and select the mod you just downloaded, then click on the other plugin icon with the blue(?) arrow, and install plugin.

note: I'll edit this post and remove the question marks and make sure the arrow colors are correct when I'm at my home computer with NMM installed.

• 1 month later...