NukaWorld Merchant issue

Balx2

(1) I don't use UFO4P, I am aware of the not similar at all reports of fubar merchants and UFO4P 2.0.9's fix

(2) Posting to see if anyone else has anything similar to this issue, how they may have solved it or if my temporary fix is useful to anyone

I made it to Nuka World and finished the intro quest and am ready to go out and be the best me I can't be, however, first thing's first, I need new guns.

Only there is one little issue, Chip Morse, Maddox, Shelbie Chase, Aaron Corbett and Mackenzie Bridgeman won't speak to me. What is a vault raider to do?

SQV DLC04DialogueSettlement

Above command shows the following alias ref's as NONE

ChipMorse
Maddox
ShelbieChase
AaronCorbett
MackenzieBridgeman
Doing the following fixes all but Mackenzie
SSQ DLC04DialogueSettlement
Targeting each NPC in console then typing
ForceRefIntoAlias ChipMorse (or whichever npc you are targeting from list above)
So great I can now shop to my hearts content, but I'm hurt doc, why do you refuse to offer me treatment? I thought my medical plan [Overboss 2.0 PPO] covered bullet wounds and my attempts at gaining super powers by swimming in radiation. What is a vault raider to do?
- I might just scrap this play through and start again, I had to verify files to even be able to enter the amphitheater or nukatownmarket but im curious as to why the alias's failed to fill

• 4 weeks later...

im curious as to why the alias's failed to fill

It might be caused by a mod. If you have a mod that overwrites something in the Nuka World Market or uses (reserves) the NPCs' references. But I don't know, such issue can happen in the vanilla game too (when Preston Garvey and the settlers are stuck in the Museum of Freedom)..

Well good news or bad news, not sure which yet. Verifying files to fix amphitheater broke a bunch of textures in boston and caused a few areas to CTD when I enter them so time to zap everything and start again. Not sure when it'll happen but this is top of my "find and kill/fix" list. One mod at a time it is.

• 4 months later...

I nuked that play through and started a new one with zero mods other then my personal custom fixes to stuff and didn't have the issue this time around. I still have no clue which of my mods caused the issue and I spent several days looking at them all in FO4Edit and the CK so I dumped them all and went for a more vanilla playthrough. I'm sorry that I can't give you a clear answer about this issue Loriwood01.

Another one of the threads about this issue saw someone knowledgeable like SKK post a modification to DLC04DialogueSettlement quest but I'm not sure if that would fix your issue.

• 8 months later...

Just ran into this bug :( Did some digging and in to order to fully fix Mackenzie so that she can offer her services, you need to do this extra step in the console :-

First, make sure to apply the first fix posted by the OP.

Open up the console and type:

SSQ DLC04SettlementDoctor

Select Mackenzie in the console and type:

ForceRefIntoAlias Mackenzie

Not MackenzieBridgeman like for the first fix, just Mackenzie

Hope this helps anyone that encounters this nasty bug in the future.