Iron Sights Improvement: Help Wanted

GrayWolf04

I was thinking about Rogue Hollow's Iron Sights Mod and the way it works. Currently, when using iron sights in the mod while walking, the gun sways from side to side. In Fallout New Vegas, which has iron sights built into the game, the gun does not sway from side to side.

From what I remember having talked to RH about this, he said that there wasn't anything he could do, since the swaying was part of the actor's skeleton.nif model and its attached animation files.

Now I was thinking why not try to convert the skeleton model from Fallout New Vegas to a Fallout 3 format. Then use in instead of the default skeleton.nif, as well as any animations that came with it. If this part works, then the next step would be to make sure that the guns are properly aligned and iron sights compatible.

Unfortunately, Rogue Hollow has been MIA since mid February, and I am unable to contact him with my idea. Lacking the skills to do any of this outside of using the GECK, I was wondering if anyone else with mesh and animation editing experience would care to assist me in trying this out. At the very least, if you are at all interested in this project, please leave a comment of your support so I know if this is something the community would be interested in. Anyone who helps out of course will get credit. Thanks.

why not try to convert the skeleton model from Fallout New Vegas to a Fallout 3 format. Then use in instead of the default skeleton.nif, as well as any animations that came with it.

I can give you 3 reasons for that:

1. Copyright, Bethesda forbids porting.

2. You get banned if you upload it.

3. NV skeleton and animations are already in "FO3 format", all you need to do is just copy/paste

1 & 2. Loophole: instruction based upload only on how to do it yourself. The user must have both games, like with RFCW.

3. Last I checked, FNV meshes didn't show up properly in the FO3 GECK. Did I do something wrong?

Also, it can't be that simple, can it? Wouldn't someone else have already tried that and said something if it had worked?

Last I checked, FNV meshes didn't show up properly in the FO3 GECK.

Here's the deal, outfits won't show up properly and clip with the PipBoy because of the pipboyon:0/pipboyoff:0 strings where you need to remove the ":0" part. For guns you need to import and connect the FO3 reloading animation cause there is a difference between FO3 and NV gun animations (probably more :0 parts, never checked).

There is no difference between FO3 and NV models, skeleton or animations other than that, I used NV animations in FO3 more than a few times, like Weapon Animation Replacers you can see here (the idle animation of the BOS guy, relaxed with the gun to the side, the Desert Eagle is from a NV mod too):

http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/images/2605357-1334855197.jpg

It's just copy/paste.

Edited by Werne