SHENMUE fans look here!

valdir

Ohhhh cool :D I used to play Shenmue and Shenmue II back in the days of the Dreamcast. Personally I think II was better untranslated with subtitles, the voice actors in the XBox version sound really cr@ppy from what I've heard. :P

As for the Online version, sounds nice, but for me the main attraction of the game was the fact it was single player combined with the non-linear element. You could just walk around for days absorbing the atmosphere of the various cities and play with the slot machines if you liked :P plus the storyline was pretty damn good. Only thing I hated was the part where you had to sneak past the guards. :/ Annoying.

Anyway, it sounds interesting, but I'll be sticking with the single player version methinks ;) I just hope this isn't a cover for if the series will never be finished (there's enough material for like 3 more games after Shenmue III).

Well it'd be cheaper to get an old Dreamcast methinks :P unless you already have an XBox.

I'd suggest getting the first one, you're missing out on a lot of storyline if you don't. Shenmue II is a sequel, after all :P you only get rough info on what happened previously.

Plus, like I said, II on Dreamcast is just Chinese or whatever with subtitles. Which IMO sounds better than the corny English voice actors they got on the XBox version.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd get Shemue2 for xbox when you get it it'll come with 2 cd's. One cd is Shemue2 the game and the other cd is a video of the first shemue game (you dont need the xbox dvd exspansion pack to watch it. The xbox will read it as a game). So if you haven't played the first game, the Shemue vidoe will show you what happened in the first Shemue game. That way you won't miss any of the plot. So defenitly go with Shemue2 for xbox. :shifty: Trust me.

Thanks Switch I double posted on accident I pressed back instead of edit by the time I realized it was to late thank you for deleting it for me.

Shenmue II sucks! :P

I know this makes me seem hypocritical, but there was like 2 hours of COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY TIME-WASTINGLY BORING crap, with 15 seconds of action to merge each alleged "plot segment" together.

I dunno. I just didn't like it at all.

• 2 weeks later...

i just realized that this was directed to switch but i will keep it here. if this is wrong let me know and i will not do it anymore.

Switch, do you think it would be a good deal to buy an old used Dreamcast to play Shenmue?

Or should I just go right on to Shenmue 2 on Xbox?

~Val

it would be well worth your money t obuy a dreamcast to play shenmue 1. this game is freaakin' awesome. number 2 was good but i wish that it came on dreamcast in the U.S. making it for xbox ruined the experience for me.

hm

Won't ever work on my PC, until I get a new one but sounds cool. I beat Shenmue II for Xbox, never played I though. They have to make a 3rd one though don't they? There really was no closure of the story at the end of it...

• 4 months later...

Archived