Getting Knocked Unconscious on Death

Deleted38418375User

My dream mod for Oblivion doesn't exist - one where you simply get knocked unconscious and taken to a nearby inn/safe place when you die. And unfortunately despite the fact I could probably figure out how to make it easily enough (due to my background in programming), I lack the time to make learning TES scripting worth it, so I'm asking the modding community if they could give it a shot (I'd be willing to pay a commission (after the fact, so I don't get scammed) for your time).

This mod I want kind of already exists, but across two different mods:
https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/23862/

"Alternatives to death and reload" already does pretty much precisely what I want - on death you fall unconscious, and it's presumed after a while someone finds your body and carries you back to a safe location, charging you a little bit of your gold in the process. I couldn't care for the other features, or Nehrim support. Unfortunately, it uses a weird polling system that is prone to failure and cannot activate from damage spikes (such as a power attack or fall damage).
https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/42599

"A Champions Death" fixes the issue with the above mod, in that it uses an OBSE function to accurately calculate whenever the player is about to die. However, it involves a strange mechanic in which the player gets teleported to a temple with statues of the nine devines (or daedric lords) and then has to find their way back to their body, and that's not something I want to roleplay.

My ideal mod would essentially be a combination of these two - one that uses an accurate method of calculating when the player will die, and then transports them to a nearby inn/safe place (with a small gold fee, I'm thinking around 50). I'm hoping the creation of this mod will be as simple as lifting code from scripts in each and merging them, but when I took a brief look in xEdit it seemed a bit more complex than that.

Nice to haves if you want to implement them:
ini file to configure amount of gold lost
Guards arrest you when they kill you (this feature exists in "A Champions Death")
Dying in a dungeon instead results in your character waking up outside the cave on low hp

Time passing whilst unconscious, maybe with a loss in skills similar to serving jail time

Edited by Guest

• 3 months later...