A little help with TES Lore

Bugsbugme

I saw that tool. It costs $299 and the free version says it doesn't export and puts there logo on the forehead. Once I give the children the required files they will be able to be manipulated the same way the adults can weather it be through the CK, NPC Editor or even through the games own race menu screen, after which you can save there faces through the console to load into the CK.

the tool is awesome, but also expensive, because it's a professional tool.

the options in the CreationKit are very good to edit faces.

With the tool, you can scan images of faces and use them to create 3D models of the face in the picture. Thats how you can recreate real people for videogames. it's the fastest way to do it. not the best, compared to 3D scanning, but it works.

you can do it with the CreationKit very well.

Now i am really interested in your mod. but please, don't rush it. take your time and don't let anyone push you into releasing it to early.

In my time as Videogame developer i have fallen into this trap a few times. so be careful :wink:

PS: i just realised, that this thread looks more like a pm exchange :D

Edited by Error404NotFound

I couldn't rush it weather people wanted me to or not. This would be my first mod. I have no experience in this area and am learning as I go. The biggest thing is finding the resources. I don't know how to make my own meshes/textures (at the moment anyway). There are resources available for the adults but the children are harder, there is one mod I'd like to use but I would need the authors permission and he hasn't been online for quite a while now.

inactivity of fellow modders is a problem for all of us. but there are many good mesh and texture artists here on the Nexus. just ask for help and look at the work, the people answering your post have done in the past. that way you can get help of good artists. And if you want to start with mesh editing/creating, there are many good tutorials out on the web. a good start is the Nexus wiki. http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Main_Page

And if you want to work with tools like 3Ds Max, Blender or Photoshop, there are some very good professional webpages with tutorials and workshops too. some of them cost money, but there are free tutorials and workshops too.

I wish, i could help you with it, but my Photoshop, Blender and 3Ds Max skills are not very good. i can do some things, but not everything and not very good.

I suppose I could make a WIP thread. I don't want to get people's hopes up though, If it gets too difficult for me there isn't much I can do. I will do my best though.

you can do it, but i would wait until i have figured out, if i can do what i have planed. a wip thread is always an invitation for people to nag you about your progress and say nasty things about you and your work, if you abandon the mod, because you couldn't complete it because of missing knowledge or because of no time for the mod.

Vey good question?

Lore about children is very hard to come by in the TES so i only know a little.

A long time ago i read something about traditions of the different races but that was in TES 2 daggerfall.

The alltmers have a very strict tradition about marriage,Once you are married theres really no way back,No seperation or divorce is accepted,You stay together the rest of your lives and a child is considered a very valuable gift of nature

and something that should be cherished without question and i think that this way of thinking would maintain the elven population at neutral.

Argonian females are considered more attractive the more they mate, Argonian females with only 1-3 children dont get much attention,While females with more than that are a lot more interesting.

i dont think theres any marriage between argonians in tradition but must admit that i really dont know???.

This is taken from stories and tales from TES Daggerfall And is all iknow.

• 3 months later...