Computer says Vortex is "RansomWare and Virus"

Wii2

After installing the newest update for Vortex my computer has completely blocked it and classified it as a Ransomware and Virus after installing my computer gives an error that says that "The installation was corrupt and it can give my computer a virus or it can be manually tampered with" I tried reinstalling it and restating my computer too please help me!

Get a better anti-virus. The free ones are only worth what they cost.

Find the Vortex installer file you downloaded. Rename the extension to .exe. Double click it to run it.

This assumes you downloaded Vortex from a safe site, like nexusmods.com.

The vortex installer has been tested by 62 different antivirus tools, none found anything suspicious: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/b7d8db59c6969fb3e54e203a6be4fd4263fa0fb123856181e0f656b25be1c6c4/detection/f-b7d8db59c6969fb3e54e203a6be4fd4263fa0fb123856181e0f656b25be1c6c4-1615816510

You also need to look closely at the error message, what does it actually say? The Vortex binary is signed, meaning that if it was modified in any way during download (e.g. by a virus already on your system) then Windows itself will notify you that the file was changed. That then means that Vortex was corrupted *on your system, by malware already on your system*.

Whereas if it's an antivirus reporting a problem that is them claiming that Vortex itself contains a virus. Which, as I said, is a false positive because every upload gets thoroughly tested.

• 1 year later...

When I installed Vortex on my computer my antivirus was fighting too, but to be fair I would like to note that this happened to NMM and even oblivion mod manager about 5 years ago. If you want to think about security you better think about the security of your home with ajax and I recommend to adjust the sensitivity of your antivirus if it is possible for you. I for example completely disable all windows defender services and enable doctorweb portable, which I found on a torrent years ago, just to clean my computer from viruses.