First time modding - Fat Man

Castigar0

Hi there!

First time modder here who is doing a Fallout 4 mod as his starting assessment. I basically want to mod a Fat Man into launching the Rad Chicken along with custom sounds, such as chicken sounds when it’s launched and exploding.

I’ve been delving into the creation kit videos but one I cannot find is about changing the mini nuke model into another, as I want to replace this custom weapon’s ammo to fire mini-nuke chickens. I tried my best to find the answer, such as the baby-launching fat man but I can’t find any technical walkthroughs on how it was done.

I would be SUPER grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction or if a video tutorial for it already exists. Any help or advice on the process of modding completely welcome as well!

Thanks again!

I am not an expert.... but, look at the ammo entries for the fatman.... (I think there is 'ammo', and then there is 'projectile', I think.....) Need to change both of those to your static chicken-on-the-shelf, (ammo you can pick up) projectile I believe is the chicken-in-flight...... I *think* you can just copy the current stuff, create new form, then change the mesh they point to.

I will give it a try! Thank you for responding. So I would basically duplicate mini-nuke from that as a seperate ammo in there will be a place to choose the model? Awesome, thanks.

I am not an expert.... but, look at the ammo entries for the fatman.... (I think there is 'ammo', and then there is 'projectile', I think.....) Need to change both of those to your static chicken-on-the-shelf, (ammo you can pick up) projectile I believe is the chicken-in-flight...... I *think* you can just copy the current stuff, create new form, then change the mesh they point to.

• 1 month later...

Been making some progress with my mod while between the other projects for my Uni but this one is still being an issue. Is there any sort of guide about this or something? I can find the ammo but I am still trying to work out how I can set up the chicken model to be as ammo.