Unnamed Landmass - continue work?

Noobo

Thanks guys! I didn't really have a goal or a backstory. Maybe if i start writing it would help?

Does anyone have ideas for a backstory? The city is definately going to be called Splikpeaks since it's nestled between two mountains. Beyond that I really dont have any ideas where the whole plot could go.

first place I'd look for ideas is the overall skyrim quest line to expand upon, myself I'm working on Dark Brotherhood quest possibilities, so there's my focus to what I build. There are a number of unfinished quest lines that you could pick up on, or even revive from older Elder Scrolls if lore friendly is the way you want to go. I think in your position I'd have to consider where the landmass is located in Tamriel, that might guide your character choice and so also your story line. From the images you've shown I think it looks northern, possibly directly bordering Skyrim, maybe something that links into the back story of the Orismer, this would involve probably the Orcs and Imperials prominently with influences from the Redguard and Nords, and I think would suit your landmass very well:

http://www.imperial-library.info/sites/default/files/pgtte_v3_map_orsinium.jpg

http://www.imperial-library.info/sites/default/files/pgtte_v3_map_high-rock.jpg

The more I think about it, yes I think I'd lean towards the Orcs story based in Orsinium as the main guide, but the main thing, is have fun with it and build what you enjoy most :)

Edited by Naturlich68

I like of rooting it in Tamriel. Though I have absolutely no idea about lore. The first ES game i played was Oblivion which i fell in love with (Still my all-time-favourite game, which will never change)

There's a small island above Jehenna in Highrock, maybe that's my island? anyone know the name?

Hi,

I'd like to add my voice to those saying this looks too good and like it represents too much work to abandon at this point! As the author of a mod for Oblivion that was similar in a lot of ways, but never happened, for mostly the same reason--burnout and the difficulty of doing everything yourself--I would also recommend you take people up on their offers of help!!! Some of those who offered to help you have a lot of expertise--and it's hard to learn everything yourself. I created a new worldspace in Oblivion--maybe I was a little ambitious scale wise--texture zoned it, generated it, started placing things. . . I even had quest lines worked out. I just never got that far. I actually gave up while stuck on NPC armor of all things.

Sometimes, too, if you are severely burned out, you just need a little time away or working on something else to recharge and the drive comes back. But I am the first one to admit that as ambitious a mod as you have going is probably NOT a one-person job if you can help it--if you ever want to see it done that is ;).

As far as story--did you have one in mind, or a general atmosphere, or something when you started on the worldspace--or were you totally just playing around? It doesn't even have to be lore-friendly--it's in a different world space (I know that's a game convention--but it works IRL, (IVL?) too ;)). I would almost think something nautical--you do know we don't have a good pirate-themed mod yet, right? ;)

I would encourage you to keep working--maybe after a little time off to regroup, and for Akatosh's sake, take people up on their offers of help--they don't always come out of the blue like that, and it can make something that seems unmanageably huge into something quite do-able. It's scary, really. As artists, we want complete control--but having someone to do things like make interiors is priceless. Besides, you can always mod them later :P.

Hoodoo Man

• 2 weeks later...

I have no experience in modding or lore, I just checked out your images and I think it is something you should really keep doing. I am so tired of skyrim having the same theme in every town. And your mod looks like it could really be something unique. I also think that you could keep it small and maybe get more people to help and make it bigger someday. People love putting 100 hours in a game and the exploration is worth it. I like when there is some variety in towns and dungeons. Skyrim has mainly in my eyes the same cities and dungeons just colored and textured differently. Maybe even consider new guilds or something. Remember in oblivion and morrowind you had to travel to different cities to get more quests from the mages guild or whatnot, to me that was cool. Just saying you have a lot to continue with. Hope to see your mod out there someday.

skoad

Edited by skoadlife