Vortex doesn't see DAI or offer any support

ComisarSS

Yeah, there is no support for DA:I with vortex. You need to download either DAI mod manager or frosty mod manager if you intend to install mods for this game, you can't use it with vortex. There are tutorials on using those mod managers online, should you need any help.

Thanks for the reply, thing is i tried both of those and they just can't make work the mod i want... I tried installing (companion approval) with both and they both just install it fine but it doesn't work... The blacksmith inventory still doesn't change... And the mod's thread is closed....

https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonageinquisition/mods/3136?tab=logs

Have you made sure:

• that you launch the game via the "launch" button in frosty mod manager every time you want your mods to load? You must do this every single time you use mods with frosty, otherwise they won't load. So don't launch the game via origin or steam, it has to be launched via frosty directly.
  • that the mod has a tick mark next to it in your "applied mods" list to the right half of the mod manager? mods must be imported and applied in order to show in-game
  • that you are not using the EA desktop app for DA:I? frosty doesn't work well with games from this program without a workaround I believe, it functions better with games from origin or steam
  • that you haven't used the other mod manager, DAI mod manager from the DAI tools suite before? if you have, that could be your issue, since the merged mods folder for that mod manager overrides any changes made by mods with frosty. you can solve it though. just let me know if this is your issue and I can tell you how to fix it.
  • that you aren't using any conflicting mods? these are mods that edit the same files as the mod you are using, if you do have conflicting mods, the game can only load one edit from one mod to the same file at a time. so see if the mod works with just that mod enabled, if it does, you probably have a conflicting mod that is preventing it from working properly.
Edited by Dmitrias

Have you made sure:

• that you launch the game via the "launch" button in frosty mod manager every time you want your mods to load? You must do this every single time you use mods with frosty, otherwise they won't load. So don't launch the game via origin or steam, it has to be launched via frosty directly.
  • that the mod has a tick mark next to it in your "applied mods" list to the right half of the mod manager? mods must be imported and applied in order to show in-game
  • that you are not using the EA desktop app for DA:I? frosty doesn't work well with games from this program without a workaround I believe, it functions better with games from origin or steam
  • that you haven't used the other mod manager, DAI mod manager from the DAI tools suite before? if you have, that could be your issue, since the merged mods folder for that mod manager overrides any changes made by mods with frosty. you can solve it though. just let me know if this is your issue and I can tell you how to fix it.
  • that you aren't using any conflicting mods? these are mods that edit the same files as the mod you are using, if you do have conflicting mods, the game can only load one edit from one mod to the same file at a time. so see if the mod works with just that mod enabled, if it does, you probably have a conflicting mod that is preventing it from working properly.

Hey

Thanks again for the reply. I tried launching the game through frosty and it launches fine but refuses to load the game::

20210320022508-1.jpg

Maybe it's a mod that doesn't work with saves?

Oh and btw, this is the only mod installed….

Edited by ComisarSS

That error isn't caused by the companion approval mod.
The most common reason for that error is if the save you're using was saved whilst using dai mod manager, since that mod manager loads mods by tricking the game into thinking it's a new patch.
Also, some people manually increase their patch number in order to load mods that were made on the wrong patch number for dai mod manager. Non of that is necessary for frosty mod manager, but if the save was already made under those circumstances, then it will still display that error, regardless.

There are multiple ways to fix said error.

If you want to fix it for all saves that say this at once, you can first go and find out which patch number the save in question requires.

You can do so by downloading the DAI CLI Editor.

Once installed, navigate to wherever your DAI save games are located. Normally this is under Documents > Bioware > Dragon Age Inquisition > Save.

Click and drag one of the save files (it will be a .DAS file) from this folder, over onto the DAI CLI editor. You have to click and drag it onto the .exe file, otherwise the program won't open.

The program will open, and it will say what patch number the save was made with at the top.

Once you've got this information, take a note of the patch number, then, navigate to your DAI patch folder.

Usually this is under C: > Program Files > Origin Games > Dragon Age Inquisition > Update > Patch.

Inside that folder, you will find a file called package.mft. Open this up with notepad, and change the number in it to match the patch number you just took a note of from the DAI CLI editor, then save.

Frosty also has it's own package.mft file, under C: > Program Files > Origin Games > Dragon Age Inquisition > ModData > Update > Patch, you can edit this yourself in the same way, or you could delete the ModData folder and then relaunch the game via the frosty mod manager, and the folder should regenerate with the correct patch number. Do whichever suits you.

After you've done this, you should be able to open the save. Bare in mind though, different saves can have different patch requirements, so if you still get the error, you may need to increase the number further. Bare in mind, there is a caveat to altering the patch number this way, as it will make all future saves you make with that patch number require that higher patch number too, so non of the saves you make with the altered package.mft will work with an unedited package.mft file.

Alternatively, if you don't want to make all your future saves require a higher patch number, you can edit the save files themselves instead to fix this error, but if you do it this second way, you have to edit the save files one by one instead fixing them all at once.

So in 0:46 and onwards in this video, it shows you how to fix the save error with this second method. You need either HxD or visual studio installed to edit the .DAS save file with (same location for save files again, Documents > Bioware > Dragon Age Inquisition > Save.)

Well i made it work (the save) by just deleting the ModData folder but the mod still doesn't work....

CA.jpg

It shows it's on and everything but the blacksmith's inventory still didn't change...

I have to make this mod work because i f*#@ed up my companion romance quest....

See one the times i played i didn't get enough approval to romance Cassandra so in order to make sure i tried using a "cheat table" to grow her approval. Unfortunately because there was no tutorial or explanation for it i screwed up by adding to a cassandra_hostile stat and only too late i realized that i should have waited for _warm or "_friendly"......

Now i'm half way through the game and it refuses to give me her last quest "The Ideal Romance" and if i try changing the "_hostile" decryption it just reverts back automatically...

App.jpg

Well Idk how to help you further, then, if you've checked everything else I've said, sorry. You did say you tried both mod managers before, though, so I'd suggest deleting the dai mod manager merged folder, otherwise it will be overriding your frosty mods, as I said. It's usually under C: > Program Files > Origin Games > Dragon Age Inquisition > Update > Patch_ModManagerMerge. If the save error issues pops up after that, just follow the instructions I already gave you to correct it, and then both the saves and the mod should work (I know you already corrected the save issue, but removing that merged folder will bring back the issue, but it will also help your frosty mods work, and it can be corrected again.)

Edited by Dmitrias

Well Idk how to help you further, then, if you've checked everything else I've said, sorry. You did say you tried both mod managers before, though, so I'd suggest deleting the dai mod manager merged folder, otherwise it will be overriding your frosty mods, as I said. It's usually under C: > Program Files > Origin Games > Dragon Age Inquisition > Update > Patch_ModManagerMerge. If the save error issues pops up after that, just follow the instructions I already gave you to correct it, and then both the saves and the mod should work (I know you already corrected the save issue, but removing that merged folder will bring back the issue, but it will also help your frosty mods work, and it can be corrected again.)

Thanks for trying to help.