G.E.C.K doesn't Show correct texture on .nif file?

Agreenbrick

I'm trying to make a custom securitron screen.

I've applied the texture in NifSkope, and compared it to a .nif file from another mod with a custom securitron screen.

I seem to have placed the texture file in the right place, I've entered the correct file path in NifSkope, and yet the g.e.c.k

shows my custom screen with the Victor Texture (I modified the Victor screen and saved as a new file).

Does anyone know how to make the screen appear with the right texture in the g.e.c.k? Or does this seem to be a problem with NifSkope?

Any help would be very appreciated.

Edited by Agreenbrick

I've tried now, and it doesn't show the right texture in-game either.

In my case, It seems like the g.e.c.k (and the game engine) doesn't want to let go of old textures if you've modified an existing .nif (and saved with a new name) . The only

solution I have in sight would be to find a screen made by someone else and edit the texture without renaming it, because that is apparently supposed to work.

Of course that would mean that my mod would conflict with that other screen mod.

If I want to make my own custom securitron and not have it conflict with other mods, I guess I'll have to learn how to use NIfSkope better, and more or less make my own screen.nif file from scratch.

Thanks for the tip anyway. If anyone might have an easier solution to my problem, that would be great, of course.