• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

ShinyMud

ShinyMud

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Just started a playthrough and noticed this, never seen it before. Seems to only happen on a couple custom followers I've downloaded from nexus. It becomes much more distorted depending on the angle I look at it from and it goes away as long as its not in my sight at all. Any fixes?

This is happening on the NPC that is right below the quest arrow

Picture

Edited by brennan687, 20 March 2021 - 06:35 AM.

anjenthedog

anjenthedog

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 2,790 posts
  • Which custom followers? (names, follower links ideally, if sourced from Nexus, LL, etc.)
  • What body type(s) is/are these custom follower/s?
  • Are this/these custom follower/s wearing (or otherwise equipped with) HDT/SMP hair (ie via wig, racemenu, or even intrinsic follower mod assignment), or did they "come with" any special armor/clothing which has HDT/SMP characteristics?
  • Are you sure that, aside from above, that any clothing or armor they are equipped with is stable in and of itself(s)?
  • Are these custom followers wearing any special armor/clothing or weapons you installed from mods, especially SMP/HDT-enabled armor/clothing? (links ideally)
  • When did this issue begin happening? (ex: "after I installed *this* mod", "it's always ben like this ever since I installed her", etc)
  • Does this problem happen all the time on these specific followers or is it intermittent?
  • if intermittent, is it always or does it usually exhibit in the same areas?
  • Are you sure it's the followers causing this visual artifact, instead of the surroundings? - ex: I have one player home that occasionally produces "angle of attack" visual artifacts. It would be easy for someone to presume that a player standing within those artifacts caused them, although in truth, the artifacts exist nowhere else other than at that home...
  • Do you have any other snapshots in less "busy" locations showing this visual artifact? (to help see the artifacts clearer without the distraction of busy backgrounds)

Also, a load order (cut-pasted into a spoiler tag > see the green and white striped icon next to the font selector in the text editor) could also be of potential use to those who might choose to read and examine your issue...

- if it's not something as simple as an SMP destabilization (if follower, use one of the four SMP/CBPC mode switch hotkeys provided by BHUNP or CBBE-3BBB MCMs (and presumably for other advanced UUNP/etc body models today), for the player, the singular SMP/CBPC mode switch hotkey, or issue an SMP reset from console mode for a global SMP reset. 

- or it's not something else like one of the other things I suggested in my questions, which might help you solve this on your own.

ShinyMud

ShinyMud

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

• Which custom followers? (names, follower links ideally, if sourced from Nexus, LL, etc.)
  • What body type(s) is/are these custom follower/s?
  • Are this/these custom follower/s wearing (or otherwise equipped with) HDT/SMP hair (ie via wig, racemenu, or even intrinsic follower mod assignment), or did they "come with" any special armor/clothing which has HDT/SMP characteristics?
  • Are you sure that, aside from above, that any clothing or armor they are equipped with is stable in and of itself(s)?
  • Are these custom followers wearing any special armor/clothing or weapons you installed from mods, especially SMP/HDT-enabled armor/clothing? (links ideally)
  • When did this issue begin happening? (ex: "after I installed *this* mod", "it's always ben like this ever since I installed her", etc)
  • Does this problem happen all the time on these specific followers or is it intermittent?
  • if intermittent, is it always or does it usually exhibit in the same areas?
  • Are you sure it's the followers causing this visual artifact, instead of the surroundings? - ex: I have one player home that occasionally produces "angle of attack" visual artifacts. It would be easy for someone to presume that a player standing within those artifacts caused them, although in truth, the artifacts exist nowhere else other than at that home...
  • Do you have any other snapshots in less "busy" locations showing this visual artifact? (to help see the artifacts clearer without the distraction of busy backgrounds)

Also, a load order (cut-pasted into a spoiler tag > see the green and white striped icon next to the font selector in the text editor) could also be of potential use to those who might choose to read and examine your issue...

- if it's not something as simple as an SMP destabilization (if follower, use one of the four SMP/CBPC mode switch hotkeys provided by BHUNP or CBBE-3BBB MCMs (and presumably for other advanced UUNP/etc body models today), for the player, the singular SMP/CBPC mode switch hotkey, or issue an SMP reset from console mode for a global SMP reset. 

- or it's not something else like one of the other things I suggested in my questions, which might help you solve this on your own.

Hey, well first i'll state that the issue as far as I'm aware is fixed. I just re-installed the two custom followers that had the issue and it went away.

The two were Toccata and Miko. They both use CBBE and I have 3bbb for physics. Toccata was using a custom outfit but in my several previous playthroughs I never encountered this problem, Miko has no custom outfit. To be sure it was them, I disabled both of them and the corruption disappeared. Sorry, thats my only screenshot I have and I'm not sure on how I can re-create this problem.

my assumption as to how this happened was a few days ago I copied and pasted all my current mods into a backup folder cause I was gonna run my whole load order through CAO and should something go south, my mods should still be fine given that I have a backup file. Decided to revert to my backup mod list after doing that and I wonder if something went wrong during the copy/pasting part and these two followers were affected by that in some way.

Heres my load order should you need it:

Spoiler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: followers, npcs, npc

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.112 seconds