15 Years of Oblivion!

CHASE6

We understand each other. This game is extremely immersive. I can spend hours playing without even noticing it. Nothing values an open-world game especially a medieval RPG by the way.

Ya, the value one gets from this game is immeasurable.

Something I find ironic in my case is when I first acquired Oblivion it was in a two game set of Bioshock and Oblivion. I knew of Oblivion of course ... it was the defacto toughest benchmark through most of the later years of the GHz war between Intel and AMD. I had seen some gameplay from Oblivion but really wasn't much impressed by the clips I had seen so it was Bioshock that got me to buy the two game set.

Even when I finally got around to installing more than a year later it was Bioshock that I had in mind to install, but I thought I'd install Oblivion first to try it out before diving into Bioshock. To this date that Bioshock disk has never been out of it's case.

Of course I've since bought two copies of the GotY disk set (I do like having backups).

Something I find ironic in my case is when I first acquired Oblivion it was in a two game set of Bioshock and Oblivion. I knew of Oblivion of course ... it was the defacto toughest benchmark through most of the later years of the GHz war between Intel and AMD. I had seen some gameplay from Oblivion but really wasn't much impressed by the clips I had seen so it was Bioshock that got me to buy the two game set.

Even when I finally got around to installing more than a year later it was Bioshock that I had in mind to install, but I thought I'd install Oblivion first to try it out before diving into Bioshock. To this date that Bioshock disk has never been out of it's case.

Of course I've since bought two copies of the GotY disk set (I do like having backups).

That's interesting. Over the years I have bought Oblivion 6 times (across versions and platforms). I'm settled into Deluxe Steam edition with GOTY disc backup.

I pre ordered it, the Collector's Edition or what it was called with a Septim coin and whatever other stuff that was included and started to play at day 1 after waited for a very long time, which felt like an eternity after Bethesda first announced it. At this day I was so damn bored of playing and modding Morrowind, which I had done for 2 years. Oblivion divided our modding team for sure as half of them continued with Morrowind and refused to touch Oblivion, so that was in one way very sad so not everyone was happy this day, but this will always happen, teams forming and dissolving. The other half started to play it at the same day, me included of course. :D

I did got bored of it 2008 and I can only blame myself for it as I did made my char to much OP and had to many followers so there was no challenges left, not at that point.

This time I play it more balanced and different, which keep my interest up for sure and it is challenging, no matter which level I am at now.

I do think WoW got my attention 2008 - What a rubbish game really... WoW that is... :wink: ESO is a bit better, but it do feel more Wow than TES. So I must agree that Oblivion must be the best game in the world. :D

I do have many fears about the next TES game, no doubt... :/ I will not buy it until I read many reviews and then it depends on what those reviews say about it of course. Will it even have a spellmaker? :wink:

Edited by Pellape

I pre ordered it, the Collector's Edition or what it was called with a Septim coin and whatever other stuff that was included and started to play at day 1 after waited for a very long time, which felt like an eternity after Bethesda first announced it. At this day I was so damn bored of playing and modding Morrowind, which I had done for 2 years. Oblivion divided our modding team for sure as half of them continued with Morrowind and refused to touch Oblivion, so that was in one way very sad so not everyone was happy this day, but this will always happen, teams forming and dissolving. The other half started to play it at the same day, me included of course. :D

I did got bored of it 2008 and I can only blame myself for it as I did made my char to much OP and had to many followers so there was no challenges left, not at that point.

This time I play it more balanced and different, which keep my interest up for sure and it is challenging, no matter which level I am at now.

I do think WoW got my attention 2008 - What a rubbish game really... WoW that is... :wink: ESO is a bit better, but it do feel more Wow than TES. So I must agree that Oblivion must be the best game in the world. :D

I do have many fears about the next TES game, no doubt... :/ I will not buy it until I read many reviews and then it depends on what those reviews say about it of course. Will it even have a spellmaker? :wink:

That's cool. Although new mod volume dropped greatly after Skyrim's release, it's great there are people still making mods for Oblivion to this day.

I bought again Oblivion 1 time after the DVD exploded in the disc-reader. That time I bought the GOTY edition and had the pleasure to discover the Shivering isles.

Ouch!

Ya, I remember being pumped for Shivering Isles and trading in my base copy for GOTY, on PS3. Good times.

There is so many cool mods made after 2008, which will keep me busy for a very long time for sure. I completed the base game more or less the last week, all guilds, the main story, Shivering Isle, the Knights, etc... Now is a very good time for me to really explore all quest mods and factions. I do delay everything by reading the MOO message boards daily for wanted, which is a very cool way to make the game last longer and I have done them daily since I installed MOO last August and I never get tired of them really.