Upgradeable breezehome storage system

Mig35

idk I don't recall whether there were or weren't' dependencies, since once a given mod is installed and has been installed for a while, I rarely pay attention to what I needed to install.. Was just asking the basic question. Sorry for any miscommunication on that. It was just a stock question.

Once installed there should be some sort of gizmo (a fish) for activating the storage container, that's deposited in your inventory after installation. you drop it into a target container, some mod magic happens, you're notified that the storage container is now a wonderful thing, and the item is dropped back into your inventory.

At that point you set up the container by selecting items to be included in that containers' operations, then once that's done and you've transferred items into it, you then setup your sharing by going into the station(s) and linking them to the container.

Maybe ask for help at the mod page if you keep running into problems.

best wishes

N

idk I don't recall whether there were or weren't' dependencies, since once a given mod is installed and has been installed for a while, I rarely pay attention to what I needed to install.. Was just asking the basic question. Sorry for any miscommunication on that. It was just a stock question.

Once installed there should be some sort of gizmo (a fish) for activating the storage container, that's deposited in your inventory after installation. you drop it into a target container, some mod magic happens, you're notified that the storage container is now a wonderful thing, and the item is dropped back into your inventory.

At that point you set up the container by selecting items to be included in that containers' operations, then once that's done and you've transferred items into it, you then setup your sharing by going into the station(s) and linking them to the container.

Maybe ask for help at the mod page if you keep running into problems.

best wishes

No Matter No matter, you helped me more than once I recall. I dropped the question on the mod page already indeed. There must be something wrong in combination with the mods I already use or it is a matter of unsupported containers. That is a matter of testing.

Thanks for your help anyway!

So tell me this. Do you have the fish in your inventory? Did it at least get that far?

if not, and if you have add-item-menu, you can either use the search version or the other one that provides a listing of installed mods with acquirable resources to see if it just missed automatically depositing it into your inventory. An Auto Storage fish ought to be an Auto Storage fish, as someone probably never said.

So tell me this. Do you have the fish in your inventory? Did it at least get that far?

attachicon.gif Auto_Storage_Fish.jpg

if not, and if you have add-item-menu, you can either use the search version or the other one that provides a listing of installed mods with acquirable resources to see if it just missed automatically depositing it into your inventory. An Auto Storage fish ought to be an Auto Storage fish, as someone probably never said.

Absolutely. I have a fish in my inventory and I configured some links between containers and workstations but no effect at all. Maybe it does not work, maybe I have forgotten something but I am afraid it simply does not work here. Will try it with more common containers as in: not added by mods

ok, so far so good.

ok, now, did you auto store necessary items from you inventory to the urn/etc, so they can be called by the station?

Not sure about "custom storage containers from mods" but fwiw, all the various containers in my various (~dozen) mod provided player homes seem to work with the stations noted earlier (as long as they're local. ie, in the same area, at least including chests, urns, baskets, barrels, and jars. I tried configuring a single chest located in one home to work with multiple homes (smithing: I keep almost all my furs, ores, ingots, and a few smithing-related alchemical agents there) but it didn't work. had to setup another chest for use in my secondary crafting home. Also, a storage container inside the home won't work with stations outside on the same "property" and visa versa. presumably the cell transition breaks any links.

So I guess as a first test, you might try a nearby, same cell "standard" chest - ie steam trunk (presuming there's one around) or maybe an urn.

What happens when it works right (you have your chest/etc set up, you've successfully linked the chest to a station - or more than one station - and you've deposited inventory into the container for use), when you open the workstation, both the station and the storage container should glow blue-ishly for a "few" seconds while it collects the database info for its use (actually >> transfers the entire storage container inventory into your personal inventory for the duration of the station use, which takes longer if a larger inventory... for my primary smithing chest at my #1 home, it takes about 10-15 seconds. there's a lot of crap in it). Once you're done using the station, the temporary inventory transfer will be removed from your personal inventory back to the container.

best wishes