Help making esp for new armour

Elwari

Totally new to modding but trying to work all this out. I'm currently in the process of making a new (very simple) armour mod. I have made something through blender, managed to get everything looking right in NIFSkope and BodySlide/Outfit studio- and it builds. Essentially I have my nif files and my textures and I'm ready to make my esp to test it but this is where I get stuck.

I cannot seem to figure out how to create what I need in SSEEdit to work. I have made a new plugin, added template armour to this (will sort out recipe and stats later- at this point I just want to get it working in game), however I can't seem to get all the files it needs to talk to each other.

I think my problem is I have the loose files I need but I'm not sure exactly where to order them- in MO2 (this is what I use) or Skyrim Data file?- and then in SSEEdit how do I get the template armour to find my mesh? Am I even on the right track?

I'm sure there will be a guide out there to tell me, but the ones i've seen so far seem to confuse me :confused: if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great!

Personally, I would use the Creation Kit to set it up. SSEEdit is more for making edits and patches rather than creating completely from scratch.

This tutorial was written for original Skyrim but will still work for SSE: https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Creating_an_armour_for_Skyrim._Part_2#Add_the_armour_to_the_game

Just take it slow and work on one piece of armor at a time.

Personally, I would use the Creation Kit to set it up. SSEEdit is more for making edits and patches rather than creating completely from scratch.

This tutorial was written for original Skyrim but will still work for SSE: https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Creating_an_armour_for_Skyrim._Part_2#Add_the_armour_to_the_game

Just take it slow and work on one piece of armor at a time.

Okay I played around with CK and managed to get something appearing in game, so thank you for that! Now I can see all the editing I need to do- I have a new found found respect for the patience you need to do this :teehee:

Randomly when I drop the armour in game it just floats there. I have clearly missed something to give the object weight in the world? Any advice for that?