ibedge3d

Okay so here's the problem. My Skyrim game keeps crashing to back to my desktop BEFORE the game even starts. I can't even play the game. I think it might be because I have too many Mods, because when I uninstall all my mods and just play modless my game works.
Now I'm not a computer genius so I need all the help I can get, and be kind. Here is some info on my PC

My system:

• Intel® Core i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10GHz
  • 3 GB RAM
  • GeForce GTX 560 Ti
  • Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
  • (Not sure if the model matters but it's a Vostro 3550

I have had problems with my Skyrim crashing before and deleting certain mods used to help. I recently re-downloaded my game, (going through the correct steps to re-download it properly). The Game was working fine with every Mod I had until I downloaded Dragonborn, Hearthfire, and Dawnguard. Now I did go back to check that my mods were compatible with those game add-ons so it shouldn't be a compatibility problem, but there might be a mod I missed. And I am still below the limit of Mods that can be used, currently at 131 Mods.

Mod Load Order:

Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
Dragonborn.esm
HearthFires.esm
ApachiiHairMales.esm
ApachiiHairFemales.esm
Solstheim Climate Overhaul.esm
SPIKE.esm
FemaleWerewolf.esp
AllureWorksOnBothSexes.esp
VariousGuardReplacer.esp
Brynjolf Dialogue Fix.esp
NocGearREPLACER.esp
Alternate Clothing Names.esp
FalkFirebeard.esp
Unique BOOZE Bottles.esp
Unique Booze Bottles Alternate Names Version.esp
Radiant and Unique Potions and Poisons v2.0.esp
Shadowmarks for Player Homes.esp
Brotherhood People.esp
Bards attend Classes.esp
DragonPriestMaskQuestMarkers.esp
BarenziahQuestMarkers.esp
roadsidethief_simple_armor.esp
Jesters.esp
Jarls sit up straight.esp
Scottish Snow.esp
Shrine of Azura LOD Fix.esp
DoggyDoors.esp
RiftenBypass.esp
UlfricsClothesArmored.esp
WetandCold.esp
LeftHandRings.esp
LeftHandRings - Dawnguard.esp
VilkasLongHair.esp
Esmeralda.esp
NoSunDamage_SkyUI.esp
vampirenofallingdamage.esp
HirelingMarcurio.esp
HireableHousecarlHearth.esp
Eola - Normal eyes.esp
Run For Your Lives.esp
Beards.esp
HousecarlWhiterun.esp
GDAttire.esp
Shout-tastic_no CD.esp
Craftable Triss armor.esp
DungeonQuestAwareness.esp
KRZ - Better Archmage Quarters.esp
Mannequin_Female_Vyctoria.esp
Etain the Shewolf.esp
DeadlySpellImpacts.esp
ClaytonsWhiterunEntranceFireFixv0.1.esp
Wandererarmor.esp
UthgerdMejorada.esp
ChildrenClothesClassed.esp
prettieraranea.esp
JulesRankPerks.esp
Onmund.esp
My Home Is Your Home.esp
vDynamicDifficulty.esp
smakit_house_markers.esp
DreamBurrowsRegalAssassin.esp
AMBSE_Combined.esp
Arnleif and Sons Trading Company Restocked.esp
Unique Unique.esp
talos.esp
Change Follower Outfits Redux.esp
Change Follower Outfits Redux -- Dawnguard.esp
Change Follower Outfits Redux -- Hearthfire.esp
Change Follower Outfits Redux -- Dragonborn.esp
UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp
UFO - Dawnguard AddOn.esp
UFO - Heartfire AddOn.esp
weightless item sorting hearthfire.esp
MorrowindImports.esp
KhajiitChildren.esp
scaredchildren.esp
My_Little_hatchling.esp
Predator Vision.esp
HearthfireManorTavernMusic.esp
Vampire's Underwater suffocation FIX 1.2.esp
Point The Way.esp
WetandCold - Ashes.esp
When Vampires Attack.esp
Better Dynamic Snow.esp
KTABladeOfWoe.esp
WATER.esp
WATER Plants.esp
WATER DB Waves.esp
db-nightshade-replacer.esp
nightshade_armor.esp
aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp
hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
Immersive Weapons.esp
mjhCulturalDiversity - Khajiit Clothes.esp
mjhCulturalDiversity - Khajiit Clothes Wet and Cold.esp
mjhCulturalDiversity - Khajiit Armor.esp
mjhCulturalDiversity - Kharjo.esp
mjhCulturalDiversity - Argonian Dock Workers.esp
mjhCulturalDiversity - No Dunmer Hoods.esp
mjhCulturalDiversity - Dunmer Clothes and Armor.esp
mjhCulturalDiversity - Jenassa.esp
mjhCulturalDiversity - Aranea Ienith.esp
mjhCulturalDiversity - Logrolf.esp

The Game works without the Mods, but some of them I need in order to complete certain quests.

PLEASE HELP!!! I Can't Play My Game Until This Is Fixed

You can't tell squat from what you've posted....Your mods that you're currently using, and a posting of your mod Load Order are 2 entirely different things. Also you do not show as using any of the Unofficial gaming patches for Skyrim or the DLC's. I'd strongly suggest grabbing them. I'd also strongly suggest using BOSS to sort your game plug in load orders, Wyre Bash to create any bash patches that you might need, and TES5Edit for any mod cleaning.

what you will need to post is;

Not to mention...

More information about the crashes; ...

• Where does it crash (more specifically; interior or exterior world)?
  • When crashed on one place - can you repeat that crash (go there again and see if you get another crash in the same area (just keep running around there for a few minutes)?
  • Does the game also 'hangs' on loading screens

Also as mentioned by TonyTitan, download & install the unoffcial patches for Skyrim, Dawnguard and Dragonborn. They should go at the start of your load order, right after the .esm files in the correct order (skyrim -> dawnguard -> dragonborn).

EDIT: just looking through your mod list... are you sure you need that many mods? Seems to me like an overkill... lot of mods which do the same thing (recipe for disaster)

Edited by prod80

Not to mention...

• When crashed on one place - can you repeat that crash (go there again and see if you get another crash in the same area (just keep running around there for a few minutes)?

Also as mentioned by TonyTitan, download & install the unoffcial patches for Skyrim, Dawnguard and Dragonborn. They should go at the start of your load order, right after the .esm files in the correct order (skyrim -> dawnguard -> dragonborn).

EDIT: just looking through your mod list... are you sure you need that many mods? Seems to me like an overkill... lot of mods which do the same thing (recipe for disaster)

Alright, I got the load order up now and when the game crashes. As for the patch fixes which would you suggest using? Which ones work the best

P.S. I have a Mod addiction...I'm a Mod Hoarder >.< But I am going to go and get rid of some

To many mods will cause you to crash...I think the limit is 255. I'm not sure if that is actual mods, or active plug ins. Any more, and depending on how many are real stressing to the game engine, and the game is simply going to shut down. The game engine is just to old and out dated.

Also, your PC, though decent, isn't a superior gaming rig. (Not being condescending there) But take a look at some of the forum posts around here that deal with crashes, freezes, and other asst. issues. Some users have higher PC specs and still have troubles. So it's just a bunch of stuff to take into consideration for yourself. It's nice to grab all of the mods we'd love to use at one time...but the reality is that in some cases the game just won't allow us to run them all together, or our PC's won't.

Not to mention...

Alright, I got the load order up now and when the game crashes. As for the patch fixes which would you suggest using? Which ones work the best

P.S. I have a Mod addiction...I'm a Mod Hoarder >.< But I am going to go and get rid of some

I see you changed your OP

Crashes BEFORE the game even starts (so @ or just before the menu options appear) are mainly caused by missing masters on mods or serious problems in load order or conflicting mods.

You must install TES5Edit ( http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/25859 ) and have it load your mods that you have active (it's the same as starting Skyrim) ... it will tell you which mod fails and why.

If you're not (very) aware of TES5Edit, please dont mess around with it without reading some guides and having good backups of your mods as it allows you to change a load of things inside of mods.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

my skyrim keeps crashing when I press the start button and a few random other times I have a great laptop it hasn't overheated or anything I have loads of mods from nm and workshop I don't think the mods are done properly in nmm I have been wanting to play this game for over a month but Id like it with the mods I have I have no idea what im doing ive probably messed it all up tbh if I have to reset my mods I will I just would rather not manually do it all again as I have so many to do if I did so would I just simply uninstall nmm and then delete the mods with it then keep my mods on workshop subscribed redownload nmm and mannualy find all the mods I had would like some help ive never used a forum before so I don't know if I get a notification threw or something that someone has posted sorry for going on its taken me forever to get this game to work I really want this to be an amazing game I probably made no sense I know aha but im new to this message me if I don't get a notification threw I don't know but thanks again happy gaming

• 4 weeks later...

hello i've been having this problem to I have been only using mods from nexus and my game ran perfectly until I got the skse for the sky ui mod. I can start up the game and start a new campaign but as soon as the carriage reaches helgan my game turns off and goes to the desktop. I have all of the patches and my game is up to date, I also ran a boss and I have all the mdos ran in order sense I only use 10 and those are the unofficial patches and high res pack. if anyone could assist me that would be great