Vortex keeps dropping downloads

CarzonShadowscale

Hey, yesterday all of a sudden, Vortex just began dropping my downloads. I can hit the download button on Nexus, it will start downloading and after a few seconds it slows down to a grinding halt. I can restart it and it will pick back up, only for a few seconds then stop once again.

I pay for premium, so I have already tried changing my server locations with same results sadly. I've also logged out of Vortex, and Nexus mods, then relogged in to see if that would fix anything with no luck.

I can download things from steam and chrome regularly without any problems.

I'm also finding now that I can't even do manual downloads, so maybe Nexus is just having server issues?

Is anyone else having this problem right now or is it just me?

I do appreciate the reply, but I put this here because it is a Vortex issue, so I thought the Vortex Support was the best place to open a discussion about it.

I can now manually download from Nexus Mods without any problems, but Vortex's downloads keep stopping after a few seconds

Guest deleted34304850

its not a vortex issue. vortex is a mod manager. if the connection from your machine to a download server hits a problem, thats nothing to do with vortex.

you may get an answer here, you'd get a better one in the general feedback forum though. good luck.

I do appreciate the reply, but I put this here because it is a Vortex issue, so I thought the Vortex Support was the best place to open a discussion about it.

I can now manually download from Nexus Mods without any problems, but Vortex's downloads keep stopping after a few seconds

Vortex downloads work fine for me, at top speed, I also use a VPN, which is probably the deciding factor.

its not a vortex issue. vortex is a mod manager. if the connection from your machine to a download server hits a problem, thats nothing to do with vortex.

you may get an answer here, you'd get a better one in the general feedback forum though. good luck.

Okay, thank you. If I don't figure it out/get an answer tonight, I'll head over to the general feedback forum. I appreciate your input!

Vortex downloads work fine for me, at top speed, I also use a VPN, which is probably the deciding factor.

Yeah, I've spoken with a friend who uses Vortex and he's not having any problems as well. I actually had downloaded the Hamachi VPN yesterday for Skyrim Together, and conveniently after that was when I began having the download issues, so I'm beginning to wonder if there's a connection there. I uninstalled the vpn, I'm still having problems. But Vortex is starting to download again, what it does is they stop, then pick back up, stop again, and pick back up. It's really strange, but at least I can still manually download mods right now. Thank you for your input!

The vortex.log file in %APPDATA%\vortex might contain information on why Vortex paused a download but if it's really just the download speed going up and down (even to 0) I don't see how that would be a Vortex problem.

In that case I would play around with the "Preferred Download Location" you can find on nexusmods.com -> Site Preferences -> Premium membership preferences

Okay, I'll take a look at the logs to see if that gives any information. I did a full report on the general forums about this, following the reporting download issues requirments as required, and as I was doing the large file download tests, I can't download larger files without it coming up saying "server issues" on my computer's end. So I put up the full report to see if anyone can find what's going on. As you said, it's more than likely not Vortex which is why I went ahead and moved it to the general forums last night. But I appreciate your suggestions and I'll look into it. So far playing around with the sever locations hasn't produced any different results.