Create a category with any number of mods of any genre !

Lockwoodbr

Just a suggestion: an option to create a category. It would be very useful to group any number of mods in one category like "tree billboards" or "disableafterDynDOLOD" instead by selecting each one and hit "disable", after generated dyndolod, for example. Or in order to test some specific texturepacks+npcs+AI combos etc. Very useful!

I was thinking the option already available "combine" would do it, but it´s to merge things.

Thank you.

Edited by Lockwoodbr

Guest deleted34304850

i think i know what you mean. i have tried to do something similar using rules.

for example, when i had simsettlements2 in my fo4 load order, i added rules to other mods that REQUIRE SS2. If I then disabled SS2 all the mods that REQUIRE it would flag up an error, telling me a requirement was missing.

I used this to show me which other mods needed to be disabled as well as SS2, so that the game would load without issue, as long as all the load requirements were met.

obviously not the same as what you suggest with several mods being disabled at the same time, but it may be something that can help you?

i think i know what you mean. i have tried to do something similar using rules.

for example, when i had simsettlements2 in my fo4 load order, i added rules to other mods that REQUIRE SS2. If I then disabled SS2 all the mods that REQUIRE it would flag up an error, telling me a requirement was missing.

I used this to show me which other mods needed to be disabled as well as SS2, so that the game would load without issue, as long as all the load requirements were met.

obviously not the same as what you suggest with several mods being disabled at the same time, but it may be something that can help you?

Very clever! But i would like something simpler, more intuitive like ...select the mods with CTRL, right-mouse-click and select "group into new category" and give a name in the empty box. And then be able to enable, disable or even uninstall this new "category", without the effort to think about the already-established dependencies and rules between those mods.

For example, before i do generate dyndolod, i must to disable all animation mods + lodgen data + specific mods (like the ones which disable useless plants) + specific plugins (like advanced water plugins) and be sure to have enabled specific billboards + their correspondent tree packs + specific texture packs etc etc etc. If any of those isn´t enabled or disable properly, the result can be an CTD or a mismatch in LOD etc.

If i could group all those mods in one category like "beforedyndolod_config1" (for specific texture packs +tree packs etc etc) and "beforeXLodgen_config1" or "afterdyndolod_config1", "afterXlodgen_config1", it would save me much TIME....AND....AND....most important: avoid human mistakes like, for example, forget to disable "lodgen data" before do generate dyndolod.

Or just to play with specific combos of npc+AI+npc_textures for example.

In fact, you could create "profiles" INSIDE your modlist with it and play or test different combos of mods, but i thought that would be simpler to use the already existent "category" option for that intent.

It would bring a plethora of possibilities.

Edited by Lockwoodbr

You can already create custom categories. Once you're done with the mods in that category, just filter your mods table to show only those mods and press Ctrl + A. Then choose Disable from the multi-action bar at the bottom.

The problem is that i have to filter various mods each time. It would be simpler and intuitive if i could select the mods and create a custom category. Each lod generation, i have to do dozens of mods filtering. :-(

An example of what i have to do when rerun Dyndolod:

TERRAIN AND WATER LOD GENERATION:
3-
Activate:
SE Terrain Tamriel Mod extended
LodGEN pack
All Plugins
DEactivate:
Animation Category
Remover´s
Realistic Treeline
Z fight
Billboards
5- After complete,
DEactivate SSE Terrain Tamriel Mod extended.Close Vortex.
TEXGEN LOD GENERATION:
2- Open Vortex,
activate:
billboards
Lod Packs
DEactivate: removers.
DYNDOLOD: OBJECTS AND TREES LODS:
2- Open Vortex and:
Activate:
Realistic Treeline
Mountain Z Fight
Billboards
LOD Packs
DEactivate:
Animation category
SSE Tamriel Extended
Removers
Animation category
Vrwatercolor plugins.
5- Open Vortex,
Activate:
DynDolod plugins.
Occlusion.esp.
Removers.
Animations category and its plugins.
DEactivate: billboards.
6-Before do Synthesis, DEactivate VRwatercolors plugins. Do Synthesis. Close Vortex.
Edited by Lockwoodbr

You can already create custom categories. Once you're done with the mods in that category, just filter your mods table to show only those mods and press Ctrl + A. Then choose Disable from the multi-action bar at the bottom.

The problem is that i have to filter various mods each time. It would be simpler and intuitive if i could select the mods and create a custom category. Each lod generation, i have to do dozens of mods filtering. :-(

An example of what i have to do when rerun Dyndolod:

TERRAIN AND WATER LOD GENERATION:
3- Activate: SSE Terrain Tamriel Mod extended
LodGEN pack
All Plugins
DEactivate: Animation Category
Remover´s
Realistic Treeline
Z fight
Billboards
5- After complete, DEactivate SSE Terrain Tamriel Mod extended.Close Vortex.
TEXGEN LOD GENERATION:
2- Open Vortex, activate: billboards
Lod Packs
DEactivate: removers.
DYNDOLOD: OBJECTS AND TREES LODS:
2- Open Vortex and: Activate: Realistic Treeline
Mountain Z Fight
Billboards
LOD Packs
DEactivate: Animation category
SSE Tamriel Extended
Removers
Animation category
Vrwatercolor plugins.
5- Open Vortex, Activate: DynDolod plugins.
Occlusion.esp.
Removers.
Animations category and its plugins.
DEactivate: billboards.
6-Before do Synthesis, DEactivate VRwatercolors plugins. Do Synthesis. Close Vortex.

Once you make your own categories, click on the Icon in the columns header that looks like a Bullet List and all your mods will be grouped by the Categories you made.

Just click the icon that looks like a bullet list (inside the small red square in the column header next to "ENDORSED")

Then you can expand or contract any of the categories using the "V" (Red Square on the left next to "NO CATEGORIES text)

Category-Table-1.jpg