Create a category with any number of mods of any genre !

Lockwoodbr

My main and only problem was that i didn´t know how to create my own category. The filtering mods part i know very well.

In 2 years of Vortex, i never saw the categories button and its button called "ADD ROOT". I did a tutorial for myself in order to hardcode these instructions in my mind or...if anybody still don´t know how to.

1- Firstly, you need to click in categories BUTTON to bring categories WINDOW and create your custom category via ADD ROOT button.

2- At the main mods list, Click 2 times in the mod you would like to to add to this newly created category. It will bring an unnamed window (from the right side) where you see important things like "Mod Name", "Category", "author", "Version" etc.

3- At the "Category" box, type the name of category you have created via ADD ROOT. Press <enter>. The selected mod is, now, assigned to that newly created category.

Thank you all for the help !!!!!

Edited by Lockwoodbr

Unfortunately, VORTEX doesn´t allow "crossed" categories, what is i want.

Extended Tamriel Worldspace.esp mod needs to be ENABLED before xLODGEN generation, so, i put that mod in xLODGEN E-NABLE.

But the same Extended Tamriel Worldspace.esp needs to be DISABLED before DYNDOLOD generation. If i put that mod in DYNDOLOD DI-SABLE category, its category is changed.

I would like to select mods by category XLODGEN E-NABLE and have Extended Tamriel Worldspace.esp displayed, as well as if i want to select mods by category DYNDOLOD DI-SABLE, the same Extended Tamriel Worldspace.esp be displayed. In other words, a mod attached to 2 or more categories.

No problem, Vortex is already a very good software.

EDIT: I have figured out: create a category child for the category. Vortex isn´t a very good software, it is almost perfect!!!

Edited by Lockwoodbr