CTD when on road to Whiterun or beyond gate

ragekillerz

Hello all im in need of some help. my game seems to be giving me a CTD.im pritty sure the resson for this crash is to do with the TPC (texture pack combiner)as when i dont have this installd there is no crash. I have everything installed in the TPC apart from the lush grass and trees.The static mesh improvments and WATER are the latest versions but i wouldent of thought this was an issue. I am allso using the latest 0.166 ENB and Matso project presset or the wilds final presset..i tryd running the skyrim monitor program and my temps were around this mark

cpu 40c

gpu 80c

boss info.i no the basics of cleaning a mod but not everything. there are 4 dirty edits here but again i wouldent of thought this would cause a CTD

recognised plugins

• Skyrim.esm Active
  • Update.esm Active
    • Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev}}
  • ClimatesOfTamriel.esm Active
  • JSwords.esm Active
    • Warning: Original file was released before the CK (07 Feb. 2012). A fixed and cleaned version can be obtainedhere.
  • Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm Active
  • SPIKE.esm Active
  • WinterholdDestruction.esm Active
    • Contains dirty edits: 28 ITM, 0 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • HighResTexturePack01.esp
  • HighResTexturePack02.esp
  • HighResTexturePack03.esp
  • Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp Active
  • MoreRainWindy33percentLessView.esp Active
  • Better Dynamic Snow.esp Active
  • Supreme Fog.esp Active
  • Improved Combat Sounds v2.2.esp Active
  • Blackout_Skyrim.esp Active
    • Contains dirty edits: 3 ITM, 0 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
    • Note: This is an ENB mod. Be sure you have the correct ENB setup installed.
  • mintylightningmod.esp Active
  • MintyLightningMod_COT_Patch.esp Active
  • fantasy music overhaul.esp Active
  • fantasy music overhaul - no vanilla music.esp Active
  • fantasy music overhaul - unique town music.esp Active
  • StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp Active
  • Chesko_WearableLantern.esp Active
  • moonpath_tp.esp Active
  • PilgrimsDelight.esp Active
  • Radiant and Unique Potions Poisons and Booze.esp Active
  • ScenicCarriages.esp Active
  • Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp Active
  • ValsCraftingMeltdownAlpha.esp Active
  • Footprints.esp Active
  • WetandCold.esp Active
  • SkyUI.esp Active
  • Cloaks.esp Active
    • Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Relev}}
    • Contains dirty edits: 2 ITM, 0 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp Active
  • JSwordsDistributionBalancePlugin.esp Active
  • hg.esp Active
  • quest into the depths.esp Active
  • quest_sorcery.esp Active
  • whiteruntrees.esp Active
  • Distant Detail.esp Active
  • GloriousGrass.esp Active
  • Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp Active
  • Immersive Weapons.esp Active
    • Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev}}
  • Killable Children.esp Active
  • Killable Children - Quest Important Protected.esp Active
  • SFO - Expanded Diversity.esp Active
    • Note: Uninstall old version of Skyrim Flora Overhaul if using SFO - Expanded Diversity.esp
  • dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp Active
  • ExpandedWinterholdRuins.esp Active
    • Contains dirty edits: 188 ITM, 0 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • detailed cities.esp Active
  • Open Cities Skyrim.esp Active
  • EnhancedLightsandFX.esp Active
  • ClimatesOfTamriel-Nights-Level-3.esp Active
  • WATER.esp Active
  • WATER Plants.esp Active

unrecognised plugins

• jtcn_main.esp Active
  • sloth race.esp Active
  • JSwords_Load_Screens.esp Active
  • Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - The Goddess v2dot2.esp Active

can anyone help me solve what is giving me this CTD? thanks

my spec

i5-3570k 4.5

corsair H100

saphire 7970 vapor x 3GB

16GB corsair vengace 1600

corsair HX1000

windows 7 64

WDC WD1002FAEX-00Z3A0(games HD)

SAMSUNG SP2504C(Windows HD)

Edited by ragekillerz

You might want to download the Skyrim Performance Monitor...http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/6491

Run around Whiterun so that you CTD again...then review what the monitor recorded. With all of your environment mods that you are using, you might be hitting the VRam "limit"....actually it's more like once Skyrim hits this figure of 3.2 GB's of VRam, it seems to crash. So just take a look at that. You might just be maxing out VRam near the area. If so, you're going to have to disable some of your Environment/lighting mods.

thanks for the reply.i was allready using that program though.but not sure what to look for in the moniter after the crash. my cpu temp was 40 my gpu was 80

I don't think it's your temps. They look pretty good. I know you mentioned in your first post about using the monitor, but what you want to check is if you're hitting a high VRAM usage. Skyrim seems to crash in the neighborhood of 3.2 gigs....And Mazuffxi has some good points too. Open Cities has been known to cause problems....the other 2 mentioned I'm not familiar with, so I am not certain.

If you already know that Texture pack combiner crashes your game, then why not just simply not use it? I do not know if this combiner also changes the textures (compression, optimalizing) but if it does; some mods may crash with optimized or compressed textures.

Also as already mentioned by Mazuffxi ... Open cities conflicts with any mod that modifies cities (putting more objects and whatnot inside)

i see..my vram with the texture mod was hittin around 2.970 and it crashed around that mark.. since then i changed some of the optional mods for the medium-high insted of ultra. and with just the TPC enabled its going to about 2.599 so maybe you was right about the running out of ram. im going to try with SMIM and WATER enabled aswell and see how that fairs. as for open citys i reely like this mod as the loading screen is anoing when entering a city so i would like to try and keep this mod active if i can.

just tested again with everything enabled and had the senic carages mod on.everything seemd fine and then later when i was on the carage travel a little passed riverwood the game crashed. but the ram was at 2.915. you said if the ram gose beyond 3 it would crash.since my graphics card is a 3 gig card.it should be ok right?

id allso like to say that when using boss i have no dirty edits.but in test5edit when selecting all my mods and apply filter for cleaning i havei have alot of redbackgrounds/red text some redbackgrounds/orange text. it ses in the information window that red text (conflict looser. and that orange text is conflict winner.. dose this meen that redbackground/red text is ok. and redbackground/orange text is not ok?can someone explain to me or point me in the right direction on how to fix this im asuming this is why my game keeps crashing.