Heavy Traffic ×

Awakening: Buy Dragonbrand from Herren?

Bellystraw

Dragonbrand is a notoriously difficult to get greatsword in Awakening due to the random encounter you get it from being bugged and doesn't trigger for most people. Now If you could get the dragonbrand as a drop from a random boss in Awakening (outside the final boss) that'd be great but it would also be quite nice to just buy the damn thing From Herren.

You often have a stupid amount of gold after beating origins and importing a character into awakening and even if you start as a Orlesian warden you could amass quite a bit of cash money throughout the campaign so having Dragonbrand be an expensive as hell Greatsword that you could simply buy would also be fantastic.

The greatsword started bugging me after I started a new awakening campaign with my hero of Ferelden boi and I wasn't finding any 2h weapon that could be a suitable replacement for my chasind greatmaul outside the Vigilance GS and that's just kinda sad, knowing that you're stuck with the same weapon throughout most of the 10 hour or so campaign.

I googled what options there were in awakening and I stumbled onto Dragonbrand, ignoring the easy fix (simply spawning the random encounter through the console) I tried getting it legit and after an hour of teeth grinding roadtrips from the Wending woods to Amaranthine I decided to simply say "no"

If anyone with the expertise could, I'd love to simply have Dragonbrand be a weapon you buy from Herren.

Hope you lads have a good day!

Lemmings More Random Encounters For Awakening gives all Awakening random encounters a 100% chance of triggering. I've used it for years, and never failed to trigger the Sunbaked Canyon encounter.

I can also add the weapon to Herren's inventory, but it wouldn't be compatible with any other mod that directly edits his stock, and would require starting a new game for the item to appear. (I can't script it in, as I cannot install the toolset on my PC.)

Edited by theskymoves

Lemming's random encounter files conflict with Dain's, so they can't be used at the same time.

And I've never installed Dain's random encounter files, as I was already accustomed to using Lemmings + my own random encounter mod for DAO.