Rename files from gibberish to english with xEdit?

Destroyah380

Ages ago I was linked to a page on LoversLab for a mod on Baidu that merges an assload of Mihail's monster mods & ofc I downloaded it as I have no clue how to merge them myself & Mihail is more interested in making even more mods than ever merging them for people. Ofc getting it from Baidu meant its in Chinese, which while annoying I decided to ignore it. However it has renamed alot of vanilla assets with those broken characters & Im going through my mods to start cleaning them out, so I wanted to tackle this mod but Im running into issues.

First as you can see in the pic below, the names aren't even Chinese like I expected, they're gibberish. They were boxes in game & I figured it was just cuz Im using an english game & thats all but this is just ridiculous. What's worse is I cant even edit the names myself. xEdit wont let me touch them even tho I have edited names for vanilla & mod assets for Skyrim, Oblivion, & Fallout 4 in the past so idk why it won't let me do it to these.

CK crashes upon trying to load the plugins & I cannot use xTranslator either, I already tried & it wouldnt translate anything because its all in gibberish instead of Chinese like it should've been. When I set it to go to Chinese, it actually shows it in Chinese but it keeps the gibberish for English. I only want to rename the actor's names, item names, & any vanilla stuff this mod touches, etc. so they appear normal ingame. No need to touch anything I normally cant see like scripts or effects. I already know how to identify each monster the pack adds from the originals, i just need xEdit to let me actually rename them so I dont have to try merging the originals myself.

I've tried running xEdit as admin, setting the folder to not read-only, & applying a script to change their names but it only gives them their editor ID for their name which isn't what I need. Any other ideas besides these yall can think of?

Edited by Destroyah380