gun control - what are we waiting for ?

xrayy

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gun control is the ability to hit what you are aiming at.

My question becomes, what weapon did he use? Did he possess it legally?

Stock Ruger 556, purchased legally on March 16th after passing his background check. He was Syrian born but lived in the US for most his life apparently, wonder if Biden air striking Syria had anything to do with this guy doing what he did.

*edit add Seems he was left leaning individual from some of statements made on his social media before it was deleted by Facebook. Some reports suggest he had ISIS sympathies *

Edited by Gracinfields

My question to xrayy would be ... "What is YOUR solution?

To clarify - I live in Australia, where we don't have the "gun mentality" nor the seeming disdain for human life that pervades America. I do have a gun license, and I do own a .22 calibre rifle - a legacy of my having grown up in a rural community and also my time spent in the ADF - But I DO accept that America is quite different, with vastly different social, and geographical complexities, and in America it is essential to self preservation to own a firearm and be conversant and confident in it's use.

So I ask, what do YOU consider the actual problem, and what would be YOUR suggested solution? Seeing as your thread title clearly suggests that "something"(?) should be done.

if you watch the statistic do you really think this question is relevant if your wife is one of the victims ?

I would love to see their source information on where they came up with that info. However, I am not going to pay them money to see it. (that really seems like a scam to me......)

Would also like to see what 'incidents' they are including in their collection of 'mass shootings'....... Definitions vary, sometimes dramatically.

if you watch the statistic do you really think this question is relevant if your wife is one of the victims ?

I would love to see their source information on where they came up with that info. However, I am not going to pay them money to see it. (that really seems like a scam to me......)

Would also like to see what 'incidents' they are including in their collection of 'mass shootings'....... Definitions vary, sometimes dramatically.

what is so interesting on that ? trying to search for material to discredit this information and try to find a away to excuse and support nra ?

maybe you read this...

At least xrayy posts his sources - something you seldom do even after being asked to. Dismissing statistics/sources out-of-hand that challenge your own worldview is confirmation bias.

How is that site a scam? Sourcing, collation, analysis, storage and presentation of statistical data is a costly exercise, one that saves many other people a lot of time and provides a valuable service to society. Expecting people to pay for that service is quite reasonable.