Game freezes in prison/jail!

JaggerJacko

Serving my time by activating the bedrolls during the Two Sides of the Same Coin freezes the game! I loaded up another save (different char), and I found it that I have finished the same quest without a difficulty, but now even on the completed save if I go to any jail and activate the bedroll, the game, still, freezes!

Help.

Ok, so I attempted on another, rather fresher, save. It didn't have any problems, could serve time normally, and could pass the prison time in Two Sides of the Same Coin. So... I think it isn't likely to be mod conflicts because these saves have the same amount of mods/ESPs installed... Still need help.

Which game fixes and Unofficial bug fixes do you use?

I'm running the GOG GOTY version. I don't have any of the fan Unofficial Patches installed. Other than that, I have Mystic Emporium Fix, Operation Optimization, and DLCHorseArmorOCOv2patch.esp (though I don't use OCO, I toggle this on and off only when I want to buy horse armor).

So you used them then and have the same problem still? I only try to help you here to get your game to work... :wink: Mine works perfect so what differs my game from yours?

Allow me to elaborate. I stopped using Unofficial Patches because they caused massive FPS drop in certain areas like Cheydinhal town. I use ENB sometimes but only for screenshots, my rig can't afford a normal gameplay with it.

I can't tell why my two saves posses the same sleeping error, but on my third save I have no problem. Maybe the The Two Sides of the Same Coin itself is buggy? I googled the issue before coming here, saw some threads of people complaining of the same freeze.

Anyway, I forced my quest progression with console command, and sad to say it was still buggy like after I got the info from Jorundr via console, I can't talk to Arnora to progress the quest that I had to input another console command. Maybe the quest itself is the root of this freezing? But why then, I wonder, my third save didn't experience the same problem?