Vortex mistakes Skyrim Mods for oblivion

Steffenbta

that's because the latest update makes this check, which you are free to ignore?

I don't want to ignore it, I want it to go away.

It is difficult to ignore a red warning box.

My Skyrim has run perfectly well for years without anything having to check the bsa files.

It is not even consistent (i), e.g. one of the other guys mentioned SMIM being flagged. I run SMIM but it is not flagged by my Vortex.

It is not even consistent (ii), last night was the first time I had used Vortex in a couple of weeks. After updating I didn't get the warning message about bsas. Today I do.

It is not even consistent (iii), I've just closed Vortex and re-opened it and the warning message did not appear even though the 'suspect' mods are still installed.

The check is only run when you either make changes to your load order or run a LOOT sort. You will see the message consistent in those cases.

I would recommend using a program like BAE (Bethesda Archive Extractor) to unpack those bad BSAs in the staging folders for each mod. I'm still high sceptical that Skyrim will load Oblivion BSAs properly.

The warning initially only shows if I go to the plugins tab then it shows in the mods tab as well. It has nothing to do with with changing the load order.

They are not 'bad' bsas. One of the flagged mods is Settlements Expanded which came out in August 2016 and which I have been using without problems for nearly two years. The other mod is from Lover's Lab and I have been using that without problems for probably a similar period.

The only problem is the needless warning message.

Edited by Beechams

Guest deleted34304850

that you can still ignore as you were told a month or so ago.

that's because the latest update makes this check, which you are free to ignore?

My Skyrim has run perfectly well for years without anything having to check the bsa files.

It is not even consistent (i), e.g. one of the other guys mentioned SMIM being flagged. I run SMIM but it is not flagged by my Vortex.

It is not even consistent (ii), last night was the first time I had used Vortex in a couple of weeks. After updating I didn't get the warning message about bsas. Today I do.

It is not even consistent (iii), I've just closed Vortex and re-opened it and the warning message did not appear even though the 'suspect' mods are still installed.

The check is only run when you either make changes to your load order or run a LOOT sort. You will see the message consistent in those cases.

I would recommend using a program like BAE (Bethesda Archive Extractor) to unpack those bad BSAs in the staging folders for each mod. I'm still high sceptical that Skyrim will load Oblivion BSAs properly.

The warning initially only shows if I go to the plugins tab then it shows in the mods tab as well. It has nothing to do with with changing the load order.

They are not 'bad' bsas. One of the flagged mods is Settlements Expanded which came out in August 2016 and which I have been using without problems for nearly two years. The other mod is from Lover's Lab and I have been using that without problems for probably a similar period.

Even though those mods may "work', they are still incorrect and the warning is still valid.

And as I said a month ago: