[LE] Paste Branch Failed With Errors

Kadraeus

Hi again. This thread is completely unrelated to my previous one from a few days ago. I'm basically trying to copy a hairline branch/mesh from one nif to another using NifSkope. However, I keep getting this error and I don't really what I'm supposed to do to fix it:

nHT0RlG.png

I can be wrong, but yesterday I had this problem trying to copy/paste some meshes of a head model I was using for my mod. And this error appeared because the target mesh I was supposed to paste this on, hadn't the same ninode. So, I guess you have to go to (in the mesh you're trying to copy) Ninode>NPC R Clavicle [RClv] and remove it. Then, you can copy and paste.
Hope this helps.

I can be wrong, but yesterday I had this problem trying to copy/paste some meshes of a head model I was using for my mod. And this error appeared because the target mesh I was supposed to paste this on, hadn't the same ninode. So, I guess you have to go to (in the mesh you're trying to copy) Ninode>NPC R Clavicle [RClv] and remove it. Then, you can copy and paste.

Hope this helps.

Bruh thank you so much! I haven't tested the mesh in game yet, but deleting that allowed me to copy and paste the hairline into my new head mesh.

Hm, it seems like removing the clavicle bones causes an issue where the lower part of the hairline mesh becomes visible through the hair in NifSkope. Not sure what would happen as a result in the game, but I realized I could do the opposite and copy those clavicle bones to my new mesh instead. Then I could copy the hairline to it without any errors or graphical issues. I'm gonna try testing it in game. Praying there are no crashes o_O

I should note that I also added another hairline headpart to my character in Creation Kit with the same name as the hairline in my replacer mesh.

Edit: Now the facegen mesh doesn't load into the game for some reason. It just uses the vanilla head. idk anymore

Edited by Kadraeus

I know little to nothing about modding, so I don't have a good advice, but for copying meshes in general, I use Outfit Studio and Nifskope only when I run into some trouble, because it seems easier to do that kind of thing there.
So, I guess you could try that as well and hopefully won't have to deal with issue after issue... But I'm not sure.
And about the facegen... I do not have the slightest idea. Tried to make a custom male npc and I failed horribly, so... XD
All I can do is to wish you good luck.

Edited by Krijanowsky

I know little to nothing about modding, so I don't have a good advice, but for copying meshes in general, I use Outfit Studio and Nifskope only when I run into some trouble, because it seems easier to do that kind of thing there.

So, I guess you could try that as well and hopefully won't have to deal with issue after issue... But I'm not sure.

And about the facegen... I do not have the slightest idea. Tried to make a custom male npc and I failed horribly, so... XD

All I can do is to wish you good luck.

Tbh you've helped me quite a bit already, so thank you! I just have to figure out what I screwed up this time. Unfortunately, I can't use Outfit Studio on head meshes since they don't import properly (mouth, eyes and stuff will be pulled away from the head).