Would you Pay me to keep your memories in a life like simulator so I could get acquainted with you after you cease to exist? Your memories would be Immortal?!

If so, just send me your money now and I will share it with William The GREAT creator of SIMS And his friends. NOT!

The creators of a simulated set of rules in the new game they are planning where our memories will make it so much more real. If you will not send me your money do not, I repeat, do not read any further:

Gallium Studios - an indie game studio�created by legendary video game designer Will Wright (The Sims, SimCity, Spore) and Lauren Elliott (Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego), have asked us to share a message and invitation with you. They're looking for content creators for�an invitation-only beta group for a rather innovative new project.

I'm thinking of a movie I saw. A movie where people sold their memories and other people bought them. Strange Days (1995)

Once their memories were copied to the machine the person no longer had the memories in their head. Just the one memory was Wiped clean though!

I think I saw it on a Cable service when I was a subscriber during the 1990s to 2000s to one of those bloated movie and television services.

Well, there is the philosophical belief that "true immortality" is achievable if "the world" remembers you, that your deeds and thoughts will create a legacy that will grant immortality, but only if others know of them. So I guess I can see how this might appeal to some.

I've never seen the movie you reference, but it is a "theme" that has been "immortalised" in media before (no pun intended) I can't say though that I like the idea of those deeds or thoughts being lost to you once they are "recorded".

Not sure I'd go for "another" lifetime, one is enough for me. Although I do somewhat agree with the olde saying "youth is wasted on the young". I dare say many of us olde farts would perhaps make at least a few different life decisions in hindsight.

A lifetime full of surprises would intrigue me more than living another life or being someone else in a new young body.

One of the beliefs I was privy to when searching for someone who had knowledge who could heal my physical problems was about life. We live more than one life. From birth to death we repeat. The longer we succeed in living in the first round may determine our longevity in the next.

I recall some words from a people whose civilization has been around a long, long time. Dying is like stepping through a door to the next room.

I recall being in recovery while a TV Show was playing. It was about a guy and his wife on vacation. When they get to a place at a stop along the way the man suddenly disappears from the train. A search for him finds him in a confrontation with a man who has never seen him before. But the American, seems to have lived another life.

In an episode of the tv show One Step Beyond it was about a man arriving in a town on a train.

One Step Beyond 8 Spooky Facts about the show. TV was a strong presence when I needed a full time nurse, but none were available way out here in the sticks.

Isn't that kind of what we do when we have children? At least half of that new life is "us" and we can use our own experiences to guide a new "body" through that life, or we can let them bump into things for themselves, and thus re-learn and/or enjoy those revelations or surprises once again through their experiences? Could that also not be considered a form of "immortality"?

I do "feel" that there is "something" beyond our own individual experiences or lifetimes. Although I have no "scientific" justification for that feeling, I just don't like the thought that we are nothing more than meat bags, destined to be nothing more than worm food or dusty carbon deposits.

There is a kind of "philosophy" that the universe is itself a sentient entity, though it's level of sentience is so far beyond our ken, it's almost incomprehensible, and the we are somehow like individual "atoms" that make up this "being". Whole planets might be akin to our cells, galaxies akin to our neurons etc. As individuals we mean next to nothing to this entity, yet in the end, it wouldn't exist without us and each of us contribute, no matter in how small a way, to it's existence.

Isn't that kind of what we do when we have children? At least half of that new life is "us" and we can use our own experiences to guide a new "body" through that life, or we can let them bump into things for themselves, and thus re-learn and/or enjoy those revelations or surprises once again through their experiences? Could that also not be considered a form of "immortality"?

I do "feel" that there is "something" beyond our own individual experiences or lifetimes. Although I have no "scientific" justification for that feeling, I just don't like the thought that we are nothing more than meat bags, destined to be nothing more than worm food or dusty carbon deposits.

There is a kind of "philosophy" that the universe is itself a sentient entity, though it's level of sentience is so far beyond our ken, it's almost incomprehensible, and the we are somehow like individual "atoms" that make up this "being". Whole planets might be akin to our cells, galaxies akin to our neurons etc. As individuals we mean next to nothing to this entity, yet in the end, it wouldn't exist without us and each of us contribute, no matter in how small a way, to it's existence.

You took the words right out of some one else's books I have read.

The reason I find the Cloud idea for preserving memories is basically the same as the theory we knowledgeable types prefer. Knowing that we could be born again in theory.

The time that our last breath leaves us and our new life forms first breath is taken we are reborn. Hoping that we who have had a scholar sharing this hope before we died that could see where our soul goes; the hope that we find a way to pass our knowledge on to our next life form; in hope we can continue where we left off if we were, say, looking to find a cure for what ailed our old body before we died.

Keeping memories like that in some way so when we are physically developed enough that we recall what we were researching we thought was very important. If we are, really, able to carry our memories from one life to the next we could engage in the science we were before, and than find the notes left by our previous self so long as they were preserved.

I think we already can do that!

We then could pick up where we left off to continue our study of what we think and thought was of such a great meaningful study.