Problem with bodyslide and BHUNP

benjy500c

Which mod manager do you use? If you use MO2, you may need to check your file-export routing in Bodyslide. I don't use MO2 and don't use non-default directory structures for the game (I do have some custom folders I use but it's not germane to this), ex: for player,

/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim Special Edition/Data/meshes/actors/character/character assets/  
for custom followers/etc with included bodyslides, the path would be specific to the character involved

so I don't know the details, but I guess MO2 users (and some vortex users?) believe that the game needs to be placed outside the default locations used by Bethesda, but Bodsylide (afaik) uses those default paths by default), so for those who don't use the default locations, they need to be changed in settings.

Since no MO2 users are responding yet, I'll do my best with what little I know, so you can at least experiment or at least be a little more prepped when someone knowledgeable about MO2 comes along.

open bodyslide

click the settings button

click the advanced down-arrow

If not both, at least one of the two paths (Output, Project) have to be pointed to your "not default" game asset storage location.

by default, these paths are empty, meaning that Bodyslide is directing output to default mesh locations (Bethesda default installation)

ex: for player: /Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim Special Edition/Data/meshes/actors/character/character assets/

where the path is assumed and therefore unneeded to be filled in. Only when not using the default is a change necessary.

So... if you happen to use a non-default installation, then this *might apply to your situation. I recall seeing several posts along the way that discussed these issues (and their resolution), but since I use the defaults, my memory on either the particulars or even which posts I read, since I simply read them in passing.

- It's also possible that the situation is discussed in Bodyslide and Outfit Studio's FAQ, since the number of associated forum threads I've read (~a few dozen in two years) implies that many encounter the problem...