Skyrim SE Suddenly No Longer Runs

Deleted112935803User

Hi, everyone!

I have come here after trying all the fixes I can find online to no avail. I bought Skyrim SE in early 2020 and played over 400 hours with no problem on my laptop (intel i3, intel hd 620 graphics card and 8 gb of ram). I never had any load issues, maybe one crash the entire time I played it.

But I was having trouble running another game so I updated my graphics driver. Windows 10 also ran an update. After that, I haven't been able to get my game to work. The laptop actually was restored to factory settings and I did a clean install on the C drive, outside of Program Files x86. Whenever I click "New Game," the image of Alduin appears and it loads fine for a minute or two before freezing. Then, there's the sound of a horse but it's stuttering, followed by a black screen. If it doesn't crash here, then it struggles through immense lag to play the opening scene.

I've tried with SKSE, Unofficial Patch and SKSE Engine Fixes. I've disabled touch keyboard, steam in-game overlay and tried in offline mode as well. The memory skyrockets to 94% in task manager whenever I hit "New Game." There's absolutely no problem launching it, it just refuses to work after I try to actually play.

I figured I would turn here for help since I've tried everything and am at a total loss. Worst case scenario I'll just have to cut my losses and play Oblivion haha Oh! It may also be helpful to point out I do not have any other performance issues with other games I play. Mass Effect, FFXIII and all others are running fine. It's just this weird memory glitch with Skyrim all of a sudden.

Any help is really appreciated! Thank you!