Need help getting a cow to moo!

CaptainFacepalm

Hi all,

What I'm trying to make a cow (or any creature after I finish the template script) look as though they are casting a spell in combat, by performing one of their idle animations through the use of 'Debug.SendAnimationEvent(Self, "idleCowCallStart"), which is in this case, a moo.

I'm very new to using animations in script and have spent quite a few hours trying to get this to work. I can get a cow too moo when a player is in range and the cow is out of combat, however as of yet I've had no success getting it to occur 'mid-fight'.

- My first approach was to send the animation event straight to the cow during combat, giving it a 'Utility.Wait(2.0)' to allow for some of the animation to play, before sending a fireball straight in the players direction. But this didn't work.

- Next I thought, maybe I can't influence an actor during combat in this way, so I remove the cow from combat, send the event, cast the fireball and return it to combat with its original target. However with this approach the cow STILL wont play the animation.

- My latest attempt was to create a new LOOSE action in idle animations holding the cow call animation event, then taking it out of combat, sending an animation event to "sheathe" the cows invisible weapon and then sending the moo event. All I got from this was a cow that would stay in spot a little, before just walking around and then re-entering combat.

tl : dr

PLEASE HELP ME... All I want in my life right now is the ability to produce a fireball spewing, lighting pewing Arcane Bison of death, maybe with a sidekick Buff chicken.

Thanks peeps

Edited by CaptainFacepalm