Another ENB Newcomer

DrFlamingo

I was hoping to get some help with enb (injector version), so here I am. Here's a summary of my issues, questions, and what I've done so far:

I've downloaded ENB 0.166

I configured my skyrimprefs.ini

I tried using the wrapper version, but it wouldn't let me use the right video card

I'm trying to use the injector version currently

Which files do I copy from the injector version folder to the Skyrim folder? Just the one called "enbseries.dll?" That's what I currently have copied there.

I have run the .exe program for the injector while running Skryim

How do I know if enb is activated? The words didn't come up in the top right corner of the screen like with the wrapper version

How do I make sure that enb runs when I launch from my SKSE loader?

Also, the ENB that I'm trying to use is Zoner's High Performance ENB 2.0:

Which files do I need to copy to the Skyrim folder? There are multiple folders for different options, can I just copy the folder over into the Skyrim folder, or do I need to grab all their contents and dump them haphazardly into the Skyrim folder?

And I'll be able to tell when it's working, right? From the in-game visuals?

ok normally you have to copy over;

d3d9.dll (which you have to download from ENB's site) picked from the wrapper version

You need (or could need, some are optional and only required if you will use the effect) these other files;

enbseries.ini

enbeffect.fx

effect.txt

enbbloom.fx

enbeffectprepass.fx

enbpalette.bmp

Edited by prod80

According to Zoners mod description page, that ENB preset is based on ENBseries v.0126. Although you can try and use the latest ENB version, it's very much advisable to simply use the one which the ENB preset was written for.

Yes the wrapper ENB uses the d3d9.dll file, but if you want to use the Injector version you'll need to ensure the d3d9.dll is not present in Skyrims main directory and use these 3 files instead: ENBInjector.exe, enbinjector.ini, enbseries.dll. You will need to run ENBInjector.exe before you run Skyrim otherwise ENB won't work. Providing you do run it then it should be fine and display the ENB text in top left of your screen once Skyrims been launched.

As for installation, you can manually pick and chose files and rebuild everything yourself, but put simply I'd just download ENB 0.126 and copy all its files from the Injector version into Skyrims main directory, then copy all of Zoners into the same directory and overwrite when prompted.

• 1 year later...

the latest version of enbseries by Boris should do fine with nearly every ENB out there.

you only need the enbhost and d3d9.dll from the Wrapper folder.
place them inside your installation folder of skyrim where the TESV.exe is located.

download the enb you wanna use.
as example let's say quietcool enb.

unpack the archive.
locate the Main files folder and copy everything out of it into the same folder where you put the enbhost and d3d9.dll file (where you launcher/TesV is located)
now you can copy the Preset lets say "cinematic" into the folder and overwrite if asked.

go to the skyrimprefs.ini and set "bFloatPointRenderTarget=0" to "bFloatPointRenderTarget=1"

make sure you disabled all Hardware components of: Antistrophic Filtering, MSAA, FXAA.

The Fxaa, ambient occlusion, smaa, AA must be disabled in your GPU driver Control Panel also.

This is meant for the Wrapper version.
if you want to use the Injector, read the post from LargeStyle again, and make sure you follow those steps.

Edited by Nero1n